USA Dinky neck questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Dinky neck questions...

Tried a USA soloist and loved it. Now I have some questions about the Dinky.

How does the neck profile compare to a soloist?

Is the back of the neck glossy or oiled?

Overall if anyone could chime in on dinky compared to soloists in general ID appreciate it.

pretty sure the dinky neck is thinner than a soloist

Comment

USA Dinky neck is oiled and thinner.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The DK1 neck profile is a flattened D, whereas a soloist is thicker and more C shaped.
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

As everyone else already said... Oil finish, a bit thinner and flatter than most Soloists.

I have 1 DK1 and a couple three Soloists. There really is not a huge difference between the two as far as playing or sound. And, I really like my DK1, it's a great guitar.

However if I were in the market for one or the other I'd go with the Soloist. Neck-through is just sexier, and there's really no downside to neck-through in this case, especially given the tiny price difference (I think it's like $150.) DK1's in my experience tend to be high used, because they're more "rare" than Soloists, too.

Comment

I own both a Soloist and DK1 both great guitars . I find the DK1 with its slightly smaller back profile more comfortable than the Soloist . If you have smaller hands , like I do , I find the DK1 is easier to play than a Soloist at least in IMO.
            Mike
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
              If you have smaller hands , like I do , I find the DK1 is easier to play than a Soloist at least in IMO.
              See I have small hands but I'm the exact opposite - I find the DK1 neck much less comfortable than a soloist
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
                See I have small hands but I'm the exact opposite - I find the DK1 neck much less comfortable than a soloist
                Same here. I prefer thicker necks.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                  I If you have smaller hands , like I do , I find the DK1 is easier to play than a Soloist at least in IMO.
                  +1
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I like the DK1 neck better.... i have small hands.:think:

Comment

It's pretty much as everyone has already described. I like the Dinky shape much more, myself.

Comment

Working...
                      X