Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of New Jackson KE2 VS. Used?

Hi all,
    I am looking at possibly purchasing a used Jackson KE2 from the states. I think the asking price is a little high for a used Jackson KE2 in a ghost flame finish so I was wondering if any folks in the US knew how much it would cost to order a new ghost flame finish KE2 so I would have some comparison to go from there. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I know prices aren't supposed to be posted so maybe some could PM me or just a ballpark figure would be awesome too! Also, how much should one of these fetch for on the used market if its a 2003 model in mint condition?
    Thanks everyone!!!

well, the prices of usa jacksons just went up twice in the last few months in canada, but i still bought mine new as opposed to used from the states.

i bought a ten year old KV1 from the states, and with shipping and the duty costs they charge you for bringing it into the country, it ended up being almost the same as my brand new KV2. (KV1 - 2000 and the KV2 was about 2500, canadian dollars). Shipping and duties from the states costs about 500 -600 bucks in total

Comment

Hey Grahf, thanks for the input. Yea, it totally sucks for us Canadians trying to get guitars from the states. I did by a couple but I think my shipping and duty only ever came out to about $300-350. If the base price for the guitar itself is good enough, you can swing all the extra taxes and still get a guitar at a very good price. I was wondering as the guy selling the KE2 wants $1725 USD for it. It is in mint condition but it is about 6 years old, I believe. Good price?

Comment

I don't think it's a good price. New USA Jacksons here in quebec go for around 2100$ at good stores. If you add up shipping and all that stuff it's almost as expensive as buying a new one.

Comment

I was under the same impression strident.silence. I have two ghost flame USA models and I paid $1100 USD for each. I just wasn't sure if that kinda price was long gone and prices went up or something in the last year for used models.

Comment

Prices vary by models. The KE2 isn't seen much on the used market, so they go higher than say Soloists or RR1s.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The $ vs. £ on the exchange rate is not good right now, and began escalating in Sept/Oct'08. It's now worse than ever, thus what should've cost me £765 (£927 after taxes) in Feb'08 actually cost me £1044 (£1189 after taxes) in Jan'09. Hindsight is a nasty thing, but I would agree that I should've bought my second USA Warrior Oct/Nov or haggled to get it in Sept'08. The cost of this 2nd Warrior after taxes (despite VAT going down to 15% from 17.5%) brings the total cost to that of a brand new one at the older USA retail.
              Last edited by wilkinsi; 03-24-2009, 04:43 PM.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
              X