When was my guitar made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was my guitar made?

I realize I'm a noob but I did take the proper precautions before posting this thread. I have a Jackson RR1T w/ Lightning Sky graphic. I can't quite remember when I ordered it(circa 03/04 I think) and I was wanting to know when it was made. I called Jackson and gave them my serial number but they said it must have slipped through their system. I called the place I ordered it from and they change their computer system or somethin so any record of my purchase is gone. I also looked at the chart on the Jackson website that says but it only goes through 2001. So here I am. I'm trying to get rid of the guitar but I want to be able to tell any potential buyers when it was made. The serial # is U10125. Any ideas?

it was made yesterday. pretty amazing how time vortexes can work!!!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

hey sorry I dont have any info on ur guitar. I was just wondering if we can get something like an "Official When/Where was My guitar made thread" ?? :idea:

best of luck on finding the info your lookin for.
      My Childrens
      -------------
      Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
      Lefty RR1T trans black
      Lefty Sl2HT trans black
      Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Hi. If you do a search, there should be several threads with this subject. I found the exact date on my guitar by pulling off the trem plate (2/1/88). Another spot is in the neck pocket (is that right?). I don't know if this is the same for the newer guitars, but it seems to be the trick for the older ones. Both of these were suggested in a thread about this topic very recently, past week or so. Good luck.
        Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Unfortunately those 2 options won't work on my guitar because A) It doesn't have a trem and B)It is neck-thru. Also, I just did a search for "when was my guitar made" and "when was my guitar built" with neither yielding any results.
          Last edited by Acooljt; 03-04-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

The RR1T was first made in 2000. I have one in Gunmetal Gray, its serial is U08851, and it's from 2000. I had a black one with serial U14545 and it's from 2004.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The end of August of 2001 is as close as I can get.
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Hmmm, it's soundin like a 2003, your guys thought?

Comment

Well, U10028 was inspected on 8/2/01, so another hundred guitars should put you about the end of August. They were up to U11900 by January 2003.
                  I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Man, I can't believe I've had the guitar that long. How the years fly by! I love the guitar but it sucks to play sitting down and they don't really make stands for em either.

Comment

The RR body is comfortable sitting down, you just have to play it in the classical position and put the two wings over your right leg like Randy did. You may have to rest your left leg on something to prop it up a little, or just wear a strap and keep it higher. Here's a thread about stands for them... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...hlight=Genesis
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I actually think the Rhoads is one of the most comfortable guitars to play also. I never would've believed it, but I love the access to the neck. Thanks for the link to the stands.
                        Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                        98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                        X