Is this a good price on a new PC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good price on a new PC1?

A local store just became a dealer and got in a PC1 in Solar and quoted me $2120 out the door with case...

It'd be my first Jackson after years and years getting frustrated with my Ibbys...

You know it really depends on your situation and the relationship you have with the store or sales person. For me a hundred dollars or so difference on a nice guitar like that may not make much difference, but for others it might be a deal breaker.
    Only you will know.

Comment

Little high, but not unreasonable.
      -Rick

Comment

Well, all I have to go by is the pricing I see on eBay or Musician's Friend...that's $2000 + local sales tax...

Anyway, a $2K guitar purchase is a lot to think about for me, so thanks

Comment

They usually run about $1,400 to $1,700 for a slightly used strat head PC1 on eBay.
          MF can only sell for MAP, so you will rarely see any good deals on Jackson gear unless it's a blem.
          If you really want one, hit up one of the dealers here on the JCF and see what they can do for you.
          I'm pretty sure they can beat that price, plus you won't have to pay any sales tax if they are out of state.
          -Rick

Comment

called the local guy back and he said $1900 + tax

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              If you really want one, hit up one of the dealers here on the JCF and see what they can do for you. I'm pretty sure they can beat that price, plus you won't have to pay any sales tax if they are out of state.
              +1.

They may not have what you want in stock, but they can order it. If you can wait a few months for a build, you'll save yourself a bit of money. Otherwise, the local dealer's latest offer is fairly reasonable - assuming it's a new guitar with full factory warranty.

BTW, there's a rule on the board about not posting dealer price offers. Just so ya know.

Comment

I managed to score all four of my PC1's used. One from ebay and three from some great fellow JCF members.

I personally would never bother buying new but that is just me and that is for a few solid reasons.

-The newer PC1's tend to have a hit or miss top and finish while most (if not 100%) of the older ones had killer tops.

-You will never get a brand new Koa version today. They stopped making those somewhat rare Jackson in 1998 and are getting very hard to come by.

-My preference is actually for the older "Sears" (who dubbed it that by the way?) headstocks.

-Buying used allows me to save a lot of cash and that translates into more gear!!!

Just my two cents.
                Last edited by vklobucar; 02-21-2009, 07:31 AM.

Comment

I paid about 2100.00 for my last one, including shipping and paypal. A little high, but I had the cash so I went for it.

Than, about two weeks later, mint condition stratheads started showing up here for 1400 - 1500. Made me a little ill knowing if I waited I could have saved 700.00. But, I love the one I got, and it fits me like a glove. So I guess it doesn't really matter.

- E.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I can understand if you just have to be the original owner and have the warranty, but damn if this isn't a good time to be in the used guitar market as a buyer (as a seller....not so much!)

Comment

"but damn if this isn't a good time to be in the used guitar market as a buyer"

So true!!!!!

Comment

Yep. This economy has definitely led to a buyer's market,

Comment

paid 2250 for mine new, its a chameleon though, i think they run a little higher
                          jackson pc-1 chameleon
                          charvel model 4
                          prs ce-24 emerald green
                          ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                          jackson rr ps 3t
                          ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                          engl thunder 50
                          ibanez rg 565
                          mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

paid 2250 for mine new, its a chameleon , i think they run a little higher
                            jackson pc-1 chameleon
                            charvel model 4
                            prs ce-24 emerald green
                            ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
                            jackson rr ps 3t
                            ibanez rg 770 lazer red
                            engl thunder 50
                            ibanez rg 565
                            mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

Working...
                            X