What Rhoads is this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Rhoads is this

WHat is the Black Rhoads with the Floyd?

Is that a Custom? or Limited Series? ... or?

Thanks!
    "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Well there are two in that pic, and they're both Customs...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
      Well there are two in that pic, and they're both Customs...

Thanks!

(i meant the one on the bottom right)
      "heavy metal music in the true style of the 1980’s"

R A Z O R W Y R E

DOWNLOAD EP || FACEBOOK || MYSPACE || YOUTUBE

Comment

From what I recall, it's a Rhoads Custom from the late 80's...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

All I know is that all five of those are super sweet.

Comment

I have #1 (LTD w Floyd) and #2 (PCS) on the top and judging by the cost/rarity of those two alone, I would wager the one(s) you are interested in are some sort of USA Custom.
            '02 Jackson KV2
            '92 Jackson Rhoads PCS
            '92 Jackson Rhoads Tribute

Comment

rhoads with pinstripes

omg! where did you get that black rhoads v with gold pinstripes? i had that exact guitar custom built! did it have those big jackson pickups in it? that used to be mine. i custom ordered it years ago, then sadly consigned and sold it at motor city guitars. want to sell it back to me? lol.

Comment

that is DEFINITELY my old rhoads v. i custom ordered it years ago. it originally came with those HUGE jackson pickups, which i quickly swapped out. i should have just ordered it with the emg's stock. then it wouldnt have those huge pickup holes. i will upload some pics of me playing that guitar live.
                http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=407264565
                i swapped the gold floyd saddles cause the plating came off too fast. i originall ordered it pinestripped like dan spitz', and they screwed up and shipped it that way. doesnt look bad though. i remember the guy at jackson calling me and saying " are you sure you want a pickgaurd? it is covering the pinstripes". and i said, no it doesnt. i want it on the "beveled edges". and he just replies, "uh, o.k." what a dumbass. they even called me another time and suggested i paint the logo gold to match. im glad they did that well. the guitar does have extra sloppy metallic gold paint around the neck. not the best paint job they ever did!
                Last edited by axe_calibur; 02-11-2009, 12:51 PM.

Comment

I am the current owner of that black rhoads with gold pins...

RR2470...1989 custom shop.

I got it with gold pickup rings and one S&D and one Dimarzio pickup.

I put back those big jackson pickups with big pickup rings..but I'm not liking them really much.

I have no idea who ordered the guitar, I just know that I'm like the 4th or 5th owner or something.

Comment

here is a link to my band's site. look in the "the old days" photo folder. there is tons of pics of me with that guitar. yeah yeah, I had spandex. it was the 80's!
                    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=407264565

Comment

axe_calibur, great info! I just knew those saddles couldn't be original!

Do you maybe know which pickup models were in the guitar originally and if it had somekind of active electronics (JE1200 maybe?)?

Do you maybe have any original documentation? Hang tags, work order, anything?

Comment

damn i miss that guitar! if you ever sell it, please contact me. i've wanted it back for years.

Comment

I have all the original paperwork, work order, etc. it had those big jackson pickups, but they were not active. the hang tags will tell me more. i'll look them up when im at home.

Comment

Originally posted by axe_calibur View Post
                            I have all the original paperwork, work order, etc. it had those big jackson pickups, but they were not active. the hang tags will tell me more. i'll look them up when im at home.
                            PM sent .

Comment

This is too cool! An original owner finding his guitar on here and having original documentation to share with the current owner!
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X