No announcement yet.

Anyone swap the humbucker in your PC1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone swap the humbucker in your PC1?

Just curious if anyone swapped out the stock Super 3 in your PC1 with something else and what.

I figured that since I own more than a few PC1's I might try something different in one of them just for kicks.

I have always been a huge fan of the Duncan Full Shred and wonder how that might sound in a Mahogany body of a PC1.

Or maybe that old tried and true fav of many the JB?

Any suggestions?

I've done a JB, Custom Custom and a 59.
    The JB worked well, but it makes the PC1 sound too much like an LP.
    I already have an LP, so that was pointless.
    The Customs Custom was too brittle to my ear and the 59 had too much mid tone in it.

The Super 3 is back in for now. I like it, but it can be a bit muddy sometimes.
    -Rick

Comment

I tried a Dimarzio X2N in one of mine and thought it was ok but nothing special. I recently dropped in an Evolution and really dig it as it is a little brighter than the Super 3. I plan on dropping a SD Dist (bridge) and a SD Lil' 59 (middle) in one of my other PC1's for something different.
      Good deals with:
      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

i put an x2n in mine for a little more upper end bite, much better upper end harmonics now, I'm thinking about putting a chopper in the middle.
        jackson pc-1 chameleon
        charvel model 4
        prs ce-24 emerald green
        ltd gl 600ss skulls and sword
        jackson rr ps 3t
        ibanez rg 770 lazer red
        engl thunder 50
        ibanez rg 565
        mesa boogie dc-5 head

Comment

i don't own a PC1 (although i should .... mocha) but my friend has one and he has a drop sonic in the bridge , sounds awesome.

Comment

SD Custom T-B5
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
              I've done a JB, Custom Custom and a 59.
              The JB worked well, but it makes the PC1 sound too much like an LP.
              I already have an LP, so that was pointless.
              The Customs Custom was too brittle to my ear and the 59 had too much mid tone in it.

The Super 3 is back in for now. I like it, but it can be a bit muddy sometimes.
              thats interesting, a JB making it sound like a les paul?
              as its a bolt on maple neck maple fretboard with a trem i didnt think its possible...

Comment

Working...
              X