Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a hook on a 1986 Rhoads USA, got a question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a hook on a 1986 Rhoads USA, got a question.

I didn't find any completed auctions online, but what would a 86 Rhoads, original in about a 8/10 condition wise go for? I don't want to low ball the guy, or give him too high of a price either. Any help would rule guys! thanks
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Student or Custom? Stringthru, Kahler or Floyd? What colour?
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Black, Khaler, custom.
      "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

If its unmodified I would offer 800 then work my way up to a grand. 86 was a transitional year when they went to Ontario so if it is a Ontario it is not worth as much as a San Dimas. Maybe about a 10% price difference between the factories is my best guestimate.

Comment

Thanks! what if it was a student rhoads?

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

If it was a student I would start at 500 and stop at 800.

Comment

Weren't Students only offered/available up until 86? If so, that puts them in the more expensive "San Dimas" bracket.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

$800 for a SD Rhoads with sharkies? Dang that would be a good deal I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  $800 for a SD Rhoads with sharkies? Dang that would be a good deal I reckon.
                  Its got a Kahler and it may be a Ontario. Last time I saw a SD RR custom with Kahler it went for around a 1000. I would start at 800 to see if he bites.

Comment

Pictures?

Comment

No pics, he has the guitars at his jam room. He told me he'd give me a call soon with the serial numbers, and too see if I still wanted the Charvel SD tele for $250 and the rhoads for $600!

He told me this long time friend who died gave him the tele and he bought the rhoads back in 86 for $700 bucks.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post
                        No pics, he has the guitars at his jam room. He told me he'd give me a call soon with the serial numbers, and too see if I still wanted the Charvel SD tele for $250 and the rhoads for $600!

He told me this long time friend who died gave him the tele and he bought the rhoads back in 86 for $700 bucks.

Leftys?
                        My Childrens
                        -------------
                        Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
                        Lefty RR1T trans black
                        Lefty Sl2HT trans black
                        Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeathThrashAttack View Post

Holy Crap! He doesn't know what he has!

If you get'em, I'll give you $350 for that tele...

Comment

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
                            Leftys?
                            of course not.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

...and where exactly is this jam room? Seriously, pick em both up and post photos ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                              X