Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many PC1's in your collection are too many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many PC1's in your collection are too many?

So the story unfolds....

After a few weeks of being in touch with my cousin in Italy, I emailed him new pics of the PC1 that I bought expressly for him from Wackmaster.

I set it up today with fresh strings and plugged it in.

Wow! Does each and every PC1 not only feel different but sound different too!

"Well actually Vittorio, I am not really sure that with the terrible exchange rate and Italian duties, that I will actually be able to pay you for the guitar and still have enough spending money during my trip. Maybe it is better that you sell it and keep the funds"

Boy did I see this comming!

I told my wife the second that I paid for it with Paypal that it might come to this. Those bastards in my family from Italy think that we here in "America" (Canada, USA it's all the same to them! LOL!) are all just rolliing with cash.

I guess he figured that i would have pity on him and what, just give him a Jackson USA? Not fookin' gonna happen!

So my wife tells me to go easy on him and just sell the guitar if he can not afford it.

"Sure Honey but with this bad economy it might not sell for a while and we might take a major loss."

"Well if that is the case just hold on to it and sell it when the market is better"

Sure thing Honey, I promise (wink, wink) to sell it sometime down the road! LOL!

So in the end PC1 number four enters my collection!

Thanks again Wackmaster!!!

Last edited by vklobucar; 02-05-2009, 08:09 PM.

Maybe he needs to cancel his trip? I mean, it's a USA Jackson, what could possibly be more important?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nah!

He is still coming to visit with his sister as well...

Trust me I am not giving this away for anything less than what I paid for it.

Comment

There is no such thing as too many PC1's!
        -Rick

Comment

Which one is it?

gawd the quilt on the nat is bad to the bone!

Comment

Its the "Eau Natural" version LOL!

Comment

I have four strathead PC1's(Au Nat, Solar, Chlorine and Chameleon) plus a PC3 body with a PC1 neck. I just look at it as "I'm half way there.....to owning all eight colors available".
              Good deals with:
              Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

If it's the natural one keep it and sell one of the others, that guitar is beautiful

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                Maybe he needs to cancel his trip? I mean, it's a USA Jackson, what could possibly be more important?
                The Jackson?

Comment

You know what is rather odd?

That for a USA production guitar, and among Jackson's more expensives ones too, the PC1's that I own are all very distinct.

My 4 digit Solar has a way huge neck. Easily the thickest that I have ever played for a PC1 and trust me I have played my share of PC1's.

My Koa, well its a rare Koa version and that just has to stay in the collection. Has a darker tone with not nearly as much "bite" as say the Solar.

My Chlorine is just bloody stunning and a keeper even if it played like a dog just because of the top. Thankfully it plays really great and the best description of it is that it's "balance" in regards to its tone. Snappy yet full of mids too.

Brass Big Block mod really shines in this guitar.

The "Eau Natural" has not seen enough playing time to be defined but rest assured it too sounds different from all the rest.

Now how does a Red Rhum sound? Hmmm.....

Comment

I'm down to zero PC1s at the moment.

...But one is on order.

Comment

Even though I despise bolt-ons I have to say, I may pickup a PC1 sometime!

and you can never own to many of any guitar... unless of course it's an ESPee or an Ibenhad :ROTF:

Comment

well, i only have two. my goal used to be to get one in each of the original colors with the old headstock. i was SOOOO happy when i managed to get my euphoria. really, all i want now is an old chlorine model, when the color was AWESOME!!! but, i ain't gah da funds no mo sinse eyes bin di-vosed....(say everything phonetically to translate). boo!!!!!
                        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Way to rub it in....

Comment

Yeah, i'm starting to hate you! lol I gotta say I never liked the natural until I got one last month.. What do you think?

Comment

Quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I ordererd the Brass Big Block and that pretty well means that it is staying in my collection.

Even went as far as to go to my local music store and pick up another wall hanger and mount it straight away.

This baby is home for good!

Last edited by vklobucar; 02-07-2009, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X