1993 PCS King V #23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1993 PCS King V #23

]I have been meaning to get this up for awhile. I picked this up from our very own Diego about 2 years ago. She was in pretty ruff shape. I decided to get her redone but was having problems finding someone to do the binding repairs at the headstock. Well I finally found Valley Musicians Repair and spoke to Kevin Gault. (he is now a member here and is awesome!) He took on the case and also suggested a painter for me. Marty Bell. Well Kevin repaired the binding damage and the wing tips, tore down the guitar for paint, took the guitar to Marty and then picked the guitar up. I mean talk about above and beyond. He then repaired the trem, reassembled her and set it up low and mean. I cant say enough about what a great job Kevin did. I highly recommend him to everyone. Marty, well what can I say he just does an outstanding job. This is the first time I worked with him and damn! He is world class. Well enough gushing on to the pics...
    before

Now after

"I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Bad-ass! I'm thinking of getting some paint-work done by Marty Bell.

Comment

Looks great
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Nice overhaul- looks like a million bucks!

Comment

Very nice. Of course, I'm a big fan of the King V.

Comment

A little too bling for my taste, but great resto!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for kind words. Yeah she sparkles when the lights catch it but I am really happy with the way she came out!
              "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I'm a fan of sparkle so I say Very Nice!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

great looking guitar, glad you could bring it back to life!

Comment

Love the silver metalflake, looks great! How much $$$ did the restoration set you back?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                      Love the silver metalflake, looks great! How much $$$ did the restoration set you back?
                      Hey I sent you a PM on this.

Comment

Looking good! Nice job..

Comment

quite sparkling...

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                          She was in pretty ruff shape. I decided to get her redone [...]
                          That vintage look seems to really pass off the Jackson guys...

Originally posted by veemagic View Post

Dave knew how to put the Volume Potis.
                          At my regular KV-1 the neck-Vol is so shitty placed, it's hard to reach the 3-Way when the neck-PU is "dialed".
                          Why did they change it?
                          '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                            quite sparkling...

At my regular KV-1 the neck-Vol is so shitty placed, it's hard to reach the 3-Way when the neck-PU is "dialed".
                            Why did they change it?
                            :think::think::think:

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
                              quite sparkling...

Why did they change it?
                              The configuration in that picture on the PCS KV is considered the "Standard" KV control config. The one on your KV1 model is Mustaine's config.

Most Mustaine's guitars never had the neck pickup wired. It was just there for cosmetic purposes. I believe that was why most of the KV1's shipped with the backwards wiring for the volume pots.

Comment

Working...
                              X