Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck question - variations

Hello all,

My new RR1T arrived today, i've just noticed that the neck is fatter than my other RR1T's I wasn't aware that this would be the case.... The width is the same measurement however the diameter is a few millimeters different - does anyone know if there are any differences in years that would be the reason why or anything else that im missing?????

The serial no's are:
    U17798
    U13577
    Last edited by Monkeychunki; 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM.

its just the way the guitars are made, i dont know if its bad quality but i have had a few guitars that i bought doubles of because if really liked the feel and sound only to recieve them and find that the necks were different. In the first year the RR24's were made i bought one, i liked the neck so much i decided to buy another only when i got it the neck was completely different from my first one, same thing with my mortons the new one i just bought have a larger fatter neck than my first morton. .. it sucks.

Comment

cheers mate, i didn't know if i was imagining it or what. I cant believe that there's that much noticable difference surely the wood is machine cut to the same spec

Comment

Interesting. The black RR1T I had (2004) has the same profile as my gun metal gray RR1T (2000).
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

My RR1's are only about 650 apart in terms of serial numbers, they're both 2007's and the neck on the "newer" Acapulco Gold one feels thicker than the one on my Lightning Sky. Don't know if this helps at all, just my experience.
          I'm not into hell.........I just dig the soundtrack.........

Comment

I believe the final shaping of Jackson necks is done by hand, which accounts for the variation.

Comment

Yea i have heard that , but honestly this has happened to me more than once and if you're paying 2K for a guitar with a neck spec'd out to be a certain profile they should try to get them bang on, i know im not the only one i have had tons of ppl tell me the same thing about their necks. To me the neck makes or breaks a guitar. for example if love the c.o.w dk6 guitar i bought a black one but the neck on it was horrible i tried to like it but couldn't i had to sell it.

Comment

It could also be the thickness of the finish assuming it's a neck thru with painted neck.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
                  I believe the final shaping of Jackson necks is done by hand, which accounts for the variation.

Yep. Depends on who shaped the neck. You will get variations.
                  http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

look at it in a positive light. it's variety, the spice of life!

Comment

And yet Carvin can make their necks 5 years apart, and they are within
                      100th of an inch everywhere! Now that's QC..

Comment

i thought that the fact they're hand finished (to some degree) would possibly add some slight indifferences compared to a complete production line build just wasn't expecting it to be so noticable. Nevermind, what can you do........

Comment

I bought an SL1 and an SL2H within months of each other and the necks could not possibly be more different, despite having the same specs. The SL1 is a thinner, way wide neck which is more like my KV2. The SL2H is a tad thicker and drastically less wide.

(By width, i'm referring to the fretboard, just to be painfully clear)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            And yet Carvin can make their necks 5 years apart, and they are within
                            100th of an inch everywhere! Now that's QC..
                            I think I'd call that CNC

Comment

whatever works

Comment

Working...
                              X