PC1 Lovers Unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC1 Lovers Unite!

I wanna hear from guys who have PC1's and love the heck out of them or if you are dying to own one! I wanna know if you've gigged with one, have more than one or even if you drool over the ones on ebay! What's the best feature about the PC1 (and don't everyone say the sustainer!lol) What's the best color out there? What serial number(s) do you have? Mahogany or Koa? Quilted or flamed fingerboards? Strat headstock or old style? And let's post some pics too!

Here's my story: I own a 98 PC1 KOA 004699 that was originally a Au Natural that the original owner took to a luthier and had it painted red (burnt orange according to my wife). It was done very professionally and was looks great. I traded a PC archtop for it. It had the sustainer in it, but was not working properly at the time. I had it for a few months and got really frustrated with the sustainer and sold it in the music store I worked in. About 3 years later I say it in a pawn shop with the sustainer stripped out of it and an EMG installed in it. I bought it, put in a Seymour Duncan JB and have been playing it ever since. Plays like a dream too. It's in OK shape, some dings on it but it seems like it always ends up in my hands at a gig. I plan on installing a sustainiac in it when money becomes available to do so.
    I also have a 01 or 02 PC1 Au Natural (5150) That I just got this week and love it. I bought it from El Cerrito Guitar Center (They suck btw). Plays like a dream and is in great shape.
    I also had a Chlorine PC1 (a 2007) with the Fender headstock, which I don't like. Loved the guitar, but had to sell it to make a house payment. I bought it from Matt's Music (which was a really good experience, I'd buy from him again) I was disappointed in the top, and didn't like the burst on it, but it was still a great guitar. Gigged with it a few times and had no issues with it.

So I will post pics when I figure out how too!

Hey! Yep, I'm a PC1 lover, I guess...
    I started with an Au Natural PC3, then a Root Beer PC1, and then a Red Rum PC1. All three had the old type headstock, which I never minded. I enjoyed the sustainer, fun toy, but it isn't the favorite feature for me. The flamed fretboard does it for me.
    I'm saving up for another PC1 right now.
    The guitar shop where I bought my first guitar (Charvel Model 3) way back in 1990 also had a Japanese PC archtop in metallic black. I saw one just like it on eBay just recently, but didn't pull the trigger because I want a PC1 more.

Comment

Hurry up and figure out how to post pics. I want to see the burnt orange one.

By the way, to post pics you need to sign up for a free photobucket account where you can upload pics. Then just link to those pics in your posting here.
      Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
      www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Thanks man, I just didn't know how to do it. I still say it's red, my wife calls it orange so we've agreed to call it burnt orange. I will try to do it ASAP

Comment

I don't own one but would like to one of these days. I've seen some comments here and there saying that the PC1 fretboards get dirty and stained very easily, is there any truth to this? I have other maple fretboard guitars which as long as they are sealed require nothing more than a light soap and water wipedown every now and then to stay nice and clean for years.

Comment

Certainly better than the unfinished Charvel necks for dirt... They get a bit dirty, but an easy wipe down when restringing takes it right off..
            For me the only negative about the PC-1 is the thicker fender neck.
            I prefer the GMW/Charvel thickness, but the sustainer is major fun!

Now here is the Charvels unfinished neck after about a month or two.... yuk.. but it cleans off quick too..and returns
            to perfectly clean...but that lasts about 2 weeks.. I prefer GMW's satin sealant..

This is after a fresh stringing, and wipe down...

Last edited by Robert Burns; 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM.

Comment

They "can" get dirty, just like any other Maple board.
              But if you take care of them, they will look great for years.

I love the PC1. "Pry out of my cold dead hands" come to mind.

Mine is played pretty much every other day for the past 3+ years and it still looks like the day I got it.
              This pic was taken last year.
              -Rick

Comment

Damn! I love RJ's PC1, and now I feel the same about the guitars Mr. Burns own! Love that Charvel!

Comment

That purple haze looks amazing! Im Dying for a MOcha

Comment

Here's a pic of my old PC1 and my old PC3.

and here's a pic of my latest PC1 that I just sold to a forum member a couple of months ago.

Despite my lack of ownership right now, I firmly believe they are Jackson's best production model. I would love to get an archtop one day and try that as well.

Comment

I love my PC1. This thing has some balls.

I wasn't sure I was going to like the bigger neck on it but I wish all of my guitar had a neck like it now. You can see more pictures here.
                      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yep, mighty fine!

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

WOW, that is a sweet guitar!

Comment

those are beautiful
                            the only thing i would like that the fretboard wouldnt be so white,cuz it makes it ugly when its dirty,while a bit of stain makes it cool and vintagy :P

Comment

I really, and I mean REALLY WATN a PC-1, especially the Adrenalize model. However, I know that they don't make a lefty, so that's me screwed.
                              Gear: Charvel Model 3, Marshall Reverb 30, Fender Squier Telecaster, Digitech GNX-1, GHS Boomers and a whole lot of Dunlop picks.... Oh, and a Hohner Harmonica - key of A

Comment

Working...
                              X