Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP - In New York Next Month - Any good Jackson Guitar Shops i can visit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - In New York Next Month - Any good Jackson Guitar Shops i can visit?

Hi Guys
    Well Im finally making it over to NYC for my 30th and I was wondering if anyone can recomend a good Jackson stocking guitar shop and the location in New York. Im bringing my credit card...
    Cheers in advance.
    Alex.

I was in New York a year ago. There's not much of interest on Manhattan guitar-wise, except for 48th street, but I saw only a few Jacksons there. The place to go is the Music Zoo. Get on the Long Island train at Penn Station and get off at Little Neck. The shop is only a short walk from the station.

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker View Post
      Hi Guys
      Well Im finally making it over to NYC for my 30th and I was wondering if anyone can recomend a good Jackson stocking guitar shop and the location in New York. Im bringing my credit card...
      Cheers in advance.
      Alex.
      In case you do happen to be in NYC at some point for your 30th, I just wanted to let you know I was on 48th street on Tuesday. Currently, here's what you'll find:

Sam Ash:
      1. USA Jackson PC1 in Chlorine (in the window of Sam Ash).
      2. USA Jackson Custom Shop Kelly (right next to a REALLY nice ESP George Lynch Skulls N' Snakes). I love this Kelly because it's got those new cuts on the outside of the body that makes it look sharp like a razor.
      3. USA Jackson King V

Then, if you go across the street to "Manny's" which is owned by Sam Ash, you'll find the new lineup of the $999 Charvels. They have basically all of them there, from the black and the gold tele body with the Duncans and Floyd, to the Green strat bodied ones with the pick guard with the DiMarzio's and Floyd. They also have a blue strat bodied model, and a red one. Basically they have most of the new $999 Charvel USA models (I'm sure you've heard about those).

I hope this helps, enjoy NY!

Michael

Comment

Musiczoo is a place I'd love to visit in person, rather than just dealing with them on the phone. I think all their Jackson stock is on the website though....

Also, Guitar Asylum are in NY somewhere aren't they?
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I was there a few months ago. The guys (above) have covered it pretty well. Not much J/C product in NYC proper - I think I saw two Charvels and a Jackson, back in September.

If you're looking for some non-J/C stuff, though, those shops have some real nice Gibbys, Fenders and PRSs.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            If you're looking for some non-J/C stuff, though, those shops have some real nice Gibbys, Fenders and PRSs.
            And I think I saw some Pensas (or was it Suhr?) at Manny's...

Regarding Guitar Asylum, it's a much longer way from Manhattan, so I didn't go there. Also, I had already found what I was looking for at the Music Zoo

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
              Musiczoo is a place I'd love to visit in person, rather than just dealing with them on the phone. I think all their Jackson stock is on the website though....

Also, Guitar Asylum are in NY somewhere aren't they?
              As far as I know, The Music Zoo stocks everything there that they advertise at the store. It's a small store, but it's got a great stock of Jacksons and Gibsons. It's like a kid in a candy store whenever I walk in there! As for Guitar Asylum, they are out in Suffolk County (Music Zoo is technically in Queens, NYC, but is literally a 1/2 block from the Nassau County Boarder). I've been there a few times too and they also have a pretty big selection of gear on display. Too bad the same can't be said about 48th street!!! I was there last year and I was very disapointed. I went into Sam Ash and Manny's and they had same stock as all the other Sam Ash stores, especially the ones on Long Island. Manny's was almost like walking into another Sam Ash. Not what I expected. I think these two stores on Long Island blow away 48th street.
              Last edited by jrnic; 01-10-2009, 12:43 AM.
              Guitars:
              Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
              1988 Model 2,
              Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
              RR3
              Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
              1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
              2005 SG Special

Comment

Not to promote the obvious but you might want to check out the Guitar Center ("GC") on 14th St. Union Square in Manhattan. Its a very big Guitar Center and they have a few US Jackson Solosists there as well as a vintage room.

I wouldn't say they are a "Jackson Stocking Guitar Shop" but they have a decent selection of guitars and are one of the better GC locations IMO.

Comment

Thanks Guys - will try and make it to the zoo and will check out some of the suggestions on this thread. Wooohooo!

Comment

Here's the straight dope:

Manny's on 48th St - Production Charvels, Suhrs, Fenders

Sam Ash on 48th St - Jackson Imports, a couple USA's (this weekend they had a black RR), Dimartini Charvels - all of them, Fenders, PRS, Gibsons

Rudy's on 48th - Pensa's, Gibsons, Fenders

30th St Guitars - Vintage, mostly Gibsons and Fenders

Guitar Center on 14th St (aka Hell on Earth) - Gibsons, Fenders, PRS, mostly import Jacksons, Ibanez, BC Rich

Matt Umanov's on Bleeker - Gibsons and Fenders
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Wow, just come back from New York. You lot were not joking...

We walked 24 miles around manhattan in 5 days and i didn'y see a single guitar.

Wasn't able to get to the Zoo in Little Neck but it's probably a good thing as i have no guitar tokens at the moment.

New York kicked serious ass...great city you guys got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker View Post
                        We walked 24 miles around manhattan in 5 days and i didn'y see a single guitar.
                        Well, it's great to hear you followed everyone's advice and checked out the hotspots...
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

"POOP"

Comment

Glad to see you avoided some nice Jackson stock !! Wud ya come here for again ??? :think:

Comment

Working...
                            X