No announcement yet.

Turnaround time on USA Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ordered a KE2 in Trans Red in late July. My dealer said he expected it in 2 1/2 to 4 months. Still waiting. It could be because the color I ordered was not actually offered for KE2's, but McD approved it. Don't know for sure what the holdup is, though. I'd really like a status update. My dealer is still waiting on a call about status from Mike at Jackson, but as far as I know, he hasn't heard anything yet, and he asked in mid-October. I know it'll be worth the wait, but it's still frustrating.

With my luck, it will probably come in when I'm gone on vacation the first week of December, lol.
    Last edited by MNash87; 11-23-2009, 01:59 PM.

Comment

I think my Copperhead DK1 took three months. They didn't have one made yet since it was the first for the new standard finish, but still got it in ninety days.
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Well, I ordered a KV2 on friday (Snow White, and don't worry, pics as soon as i get it). I searched to see if there was already a similar thread to this but i couldn't find one. I was just wondering what the average turnaround time is when you order a USA Jackson? Like are you typically waiting 3 or 4 months or what? Just really anxious to get it. I'm sure it probably depends on what model you picked, but just wondering what your experiences have been. so stoked, hopefully I'll get it before christmas
        It really depends on Jackson's stock. It can go really fast if they have it in stock (a few weeks, sadly it's not usual). If they don't have it, they place an order for the guitar to be built, that's why it can take a long time... (Depending on the shape and the finishing). For example, I've waited for 2 or 3 months for my KV2T in black, nearly 2 years for one of my CS, and only a few weeks for a SLSMG...

So it's really difficult to say when you'll get it, be patient and you'll perhaps be surprised !
        Dom

Bensoussan
        Les Tambours du Bronx
        La Plaine Studio

Comment

I dont care how good a guitar is, I couldn't wait 2 years for it.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by DomZilla View Post
            It really depends on Jackson's stock. It can go really fast if they have it in stock (a few weeks, sadly it's not usual). If they don't have it, they place an order for the guitar to be built, that's why it can take a long time... (Depending on the shape and the finishing). For example, I've waited for 2 or 3 months for my KV2T in black, nearly 2 years for one of my CS, and only a few weeks for a SLSMG...

So it's really difficult to say when you'll get it, be patient and you'll perhaps be surprised !
            haha I got the guitar about 10 months ago, (someone pulled this thread from the abyss) but thanks
            if you wanna see it search my name and there should be a thread where I posted about it
            Last edited by Grahf; 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM.

Comment

So it only took 2 months, Grahf?

*EDIT* Nope, 6 months, you ordered in Oct 08, Recved March 09, here's the thread http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91654
              Last edited by RacerX; 11-24-2009, 04:59 PM.
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah about 6 months. that's canada for ya.

I was just reading that thread, and now that the honeymoon is over, I can say it's not really actually any better then my KV1, they're both pretty much flawless and awesome, I was just so high on the KV2 when I first got it that it made me say nasty things about its sister. lol

Comment

8 months...but it was an USA RR1. For me the wait was tough but well well worth it. I would do it all over again...as a matter of fact , I got my ey on a KV in absinthe.
                  http://www.rockhoundtampabay.com

Comment

I ordered two SL2H's. The black one... Well I had to send that one back, but I got one in 2 weeks. Don't know how long the replacement will take, yet.

The white one, will be "about 2 months." I don't know if that means they had one in progress or that's how long it takes to build one, but it seems like 60 days is their standard "it's gonna be a while" answer.

Comment

Iv'e been waiting since around July 4th weekend for my Left Handed Adrian Smith Signature guitar...

Comment

I'm still waiting on my KE2 ordered the first of August. Word is I may get it by the first of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
                          I'm still waiting on my KE2 ordered the first of August. Word is I may get it by the first of the year.

Which would still beat my special order, but standard finish, KE2 and I didn't get a free shirt offer for all my whining

When you open the case, you'll feel all better

Comment

LOLOL, I guess you check Facebook, too? Yeah, Jackson did ask on Facebook for my address and shirt size to send me some swag. My dealer told me that the head of Jackson is supposed to contact me soon via Facebook to explain what's going on, and see what they can do to make it right. All I know is, my dealer expected it to be here by mid-October. He's as frustrated as I am. In the mid-80's, I ordered two B.C. Rich's with special finishes that they offered (no custom stuff), and both took 8 weeks or less to get here. I also had a special order Hamer in the late 80's that only took 2 months. I just find it difficult to understand why it takes so long for a non-custom guitar with a finish that is non-standard to be made. I know there are only a handful of people making the guitars, though. I'm sure there is something going on I am not aware of yet. I hate to be a pain in the backside, but they're getting my hard-earned money so they should at least communicate with me to let me know status and such. My dealer asked Jackson about 5 weeks ago to find out what's going on, and he didn't get a call until last week from some other person at Fender, not the original person he asked (who had not returned phone calls). Wednesday I found out that it will be another 60 days. That's very frustrating to me. There are KE2's all over the internet and they can't even get one to a dealer in a reasonable amount of time? Kinda strange with the extra time to wait and the lack of communication so far about what the holdupo is, but again there's a lot I don't know. I'm sure when Jackson contacts me though, I'll understand better what's going on. I also know it will be worth the wait, but dang!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by MNash87 View Post
                              LOLOL, I guess you check Facebook, too? Yeah, Jackson did ask on Facebook for my address and shirt size to send me some swag. My dealer told me that the head of Jackson is supposed to contact me soon via Facebook to explain what's going on, and see what they can do to make it right. All I know is, my dealer expected it to be here by mid-October. He's as frustrated as I am. In the mid-80's, I ordered two B.C. Rich's with special finishes that they offered (no custom stuff), and both took 8 weeks or less to get here. I also had a special order Hamer in the late 80's that only took 2 months. I just find it difficult to understand why it takes so long for a non-custom guitar with a finish that is non-standard to be made. I know there are only a handful of people making the guitars, though. I'm sure there is something going on I am not aware of yet. I hate to be a pain in the backside, but they're getting my hard-earned money so they should at least communicate with me to let me know status and such. My dealer asked Jackson about 5 weeks ago to find out what's going on, and he didn't get a call until last week from some other person at Fender, not the original person he asked (who had not returned phone calls). Wednesday I found out that it will be another 60 days. That's very frustrating to me. There are KE2's all over the internet and they can't even get one to a dealer in a reasonable amount of time? Kinda strange with the extra time to wait and the lack of communication so far about what the holdupo is, but again there's a lot I don't know. I'm sure when Jackson contacts me though, I'll understand better what's going on. I also know it will be worth the wait, but dang!! LOL!
                              If they said it's going to be another 60 days my guess would be that something went wrong with the paint and they have to refinish the entire guitar.

My custom went to paint in April of this year. It wasn't out of the paint dept. until the very end of July. Also, a friend of mine who ordered a CS KV that was finished and ready to ship July 1st needed to have them correct an issue with the logo on the headstock (they used the wrong one). Apparently some issues happened with that and they wound up having to refinish the entire guitar. As far as I know he still hasn't received it.

Seems 3-4 months for paint is about standard with Jackson.

And yeah... they're pretty bad about keeping their dealers informed with what's going on.

Comment

Yeah I saw it on FB. Matt and I weren't getting any answers either. McD just happened to see one of my posts whining about my acapulco gold kelly being late (late being beyond the 6mo estimate). He replied that one was sitting in the warehouse. I forwarded that to Matt and he got in touch with whoever he needed to and let them know that guitar was a special order and it needed to get shipped out.

I don't know what takes so long. KE2's do seem to take the longest when a it's a special order.

Comment

Working...
                                X