No announcement yet.

Loss of Quality?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been a couple years since I've seen a new USA Jackson because nobody carries them around here anymore. But the last ones I saw suffered from poor fret work, what looked like lesser quality ebony and being overpriced. Quality may have improved since then, but judging from what I've heard from players and dealers alike, I highly doubt it. Seems like it's just as often you hear of someone happy with their new guitar, you hear of someone with issues on theirs.
    I used to think that Jackson was incapable of making a poor guitar. Now, I don't think that I'd buy a post 2000 model without playing it first. It's just too risky IMO.
    YMMV

Comment

my soloists have kicked ass. one is "pre"-fender, even though that seems to be a stupid thing in my opinion, and the other is post fender. both are flawless, feel the same, sound super awesome and are built the same way.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

This question seems to pop up every so often around here and each time I say the same thing: I have several pre and several post Fender Jacksons, I notice no difference in quality in the two.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Jackson has always had some turds. the pre and post fender comes up when assholes on ebay are trying to get more for their older ones.

Comment

I have had 4 US Jacksons pre-2003 and every one was perfect. I just ordered another CS King V and am confident it will be just as good as my other ones.
            Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Bought a 2008 KV2 earlier this year........perfect.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

do you think the 62 fender[in my avyy]is worth less or more than a new?why do 70 and later les paul's sell for more than new one's?maybe i'm turd trying to get people more money for stuff on ebay?if you have not had it in your hand's,what people say is just that[wind vibrating over vocal chord's]nothing more.everthing change's.the real question is are those change's good for you?
                Last edited by john.w.lawson; 10-13-2008, 09:41 AM.
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

My post fender SL2H is perfect. I agree that it is all dudes trying to get a few dollars more for there shit. I saw a JS30 RR listed as "Pre-Fender" on Craigslist and about shit. The guy wasn't charging a premium for it, but obviously he thought it made a difference. I will tell you, I have played Pre-Fender JS30's and and can't imagine them getting any worse unless the "Post-Fender" axe leave splinters in your hands!

Comment

Working...
                  X