No announcement yet.

My 1st USA Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is some awesome looking metal axes, great Eerie Dess Swirl finish!!

That pink/purple color part in the Eerie Dess Swirl finish reminds me of an old Dan Seagrave cover from the good old Death Metal days...

Congrats!

Comment

Nice Rhoads!

Don't totally rule out alder. As far as I know it's very tonally similar to poplar, thought I haven't compared them myself, and just about all the current Jackson USA series are alder apart from the one or two mahogany ones. It is a good wood!

Oh, and nice Rhoads!
      I like maple fretboards. :P

Comment

Thanks guys!! It's a wonderful thing to own.

HEY MITCH.

Steve: That month was pretty tough. I went for 2 weeks on about £12 in the end, haha!! I dunno where the rest of it went...

And yes, I love Bodom. I've got a few covers on YouTube using this guitar and it's nice seeing that all the other fanboys are jealous, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Confuse-a-Cat View Post
          Nice Rhoads!

Don't totally rule out alder. As far as I know it's very tonally similar to poplar, thought I haven't compared them myself, and just about all the current Jackson USA series are alder apart from the one or two mahogany ones. It is a good wood!

Oh, and nice Rhoads!
          I've had both, and a few of both. The poplar ones are heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            I've had both, and a few of both. The poplar ones are heavier.
            And what is your opinion on the raw tone of both?

Maybe it's just the difference between the passive J-50BC and the active(?) EMG81 that's convincing me that poplar is better than alder. Once I've installed a J-50BC into the poplar guitar, I can really make a fair judgement.

Comment

I've had 3 alder RRs and 5 or so poplar RRs. I can tell that the poplar has a little more 'dry' tone to my ears. I like it better. It is THE Jackson tone to me. It is also heavier than alder.

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                Well after seeing that, methinks I'm gonna have to pester Chris to sell me his EDS WR1 again..
                Good luck on that

EDS finish kicks ass, man. Nice RR !
                I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Nice!! Congrats. I like em both.

Comment

Cheers guys!

And yes, Nazgul, I agree, even though I only own one of each but the USA RR sounded drier and more crisp and clear when I first playing it through the MP-1. I always noticed the Stars RR sounded muddy when I was playing rhythm, regardless of the settings.

Comment

Working...
                    X