New guitar day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did you weigh the wings?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      How did you weigh the wings?
      It's just how it feels. Nice heavy neck, light wings. You can tell by picking it up and moving it around (nice neck on this one).

Comment

Yup, that was one of mine.
        I had a run of 10 SL2HT's and a run of 12 With oiled necks.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Very nice!! Now you've just got to swap the 85 and the 81 around to give it more balls!
          Good point...

Comment

Originally posted by vwall View Post
            Yup, that was one of mine.
            I had a run of 10 SL2HT's and a run of 12 With oiled necks.
            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
              It's just how it feels. Nice heavy neck, light wings. You can tell by picking it up and moving it around (nice neck on this one).
              I still don't get it. The guitar, by design, pivots on the center. Meaning the balance point for the entire guitar is the center line from the rear strap pin to the nut.

A guitar with a maple neck and mahogany wings will act the same way as a guitar with a maple neck and basswood wings. There's no way to tell if the wings are lighter than the center without removing them.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I still don't get it. The guitar, by design, pivots on the center. Meaning the balance point for the entire guitar is the center line from the rear strap pin to the nut.

A guitar with a maple neck and mahogany wings will act the same way as a guitar with a maple neck and basswood wings. There's no way to tell if the wings are lighter than the center without removing them.
                When you pick up only the neck, it feels heavy until you lift up the entire body (then the body feels light).

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
                  When you pick up only the neck, it feels heavy until you lift up the entire body (then the body feels light).
                  Does yours neck dive? I experience this with my Mark Morton model. It's a mahogany body with mahogany neck, thin maple top, but the neck makes it heavier since the body is chambered. If I don't wear a leather strap, it will neck dive a little bit.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Very nice!!

I always liked the Trans Blue finish it looks really cool!

Congrats...

I don´t get the measurering of the wings either...be careful to swing that axe!!, maybe if the guitar is very resonant it could mean that the Alder wings are light..?

Comment

Man, I love those. I wish I would have jumped on that order way back when. Good score!
                      Jackson USA GMG WR1
                      Jackson USA SW WR1

Comment

Trans blue is such a nice finish, good haul!
                        Double Rhoads "Vader" Custom.
                        Double Rhoads "Empire" Custom.

EVH 5150III Head and Cabs
                        ISP Decimator Pedal
                        Sony Wireless Systems
                        Ernie Ball Strings 52-10

www.facebook.com/evileuk

Comment

Working...
                        X