No announcement yet.

Y2KV with Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a pic of Mustaine's from his 2005 auction.

I have larger pics of this guitar on my other computer. I will check them when I am on that machine. What's the serial number on yours? Mustaine's was apparently J6648.

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
      I cant really see someone ordering a CS and having Jackson put Dave's sig on the headstock. Jackson wouldn't do that w/ out the players' consent would they?
      When Dave was with the company they would/could put his signature on the headstock if you requested it.

When I ordered my cracked mirror king V in 1998 I had to request "No Mustaine Sig" on the headstock. The only other 2 Mirror KV's at the time were Dave's and some dude named Rob who lived in Arizona I think. Not positive. Both of them had Mustaines sig on the head.

Comment

I was under the impression that the only Floyded Y2KVs were made for Mundane. If I'm not mistaken, he also had a black Y2KV with a Floyd.
        "POOP"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTtlI1fSzQ

Here she is

Comment

I really don't think that's one of Dave's.....none of his, or any stock Y2KV for that matter had a bound headstock. Every one I've ever seen, the binding stops with the fretboard. Either way, this is a custom piece.

Also, if you look carefully...you can see how the Floyded ones have a little more body to accomodate the length of the floyd's tail so it has a BIT shallower/wider of a v cut behind the bridge. Thus the appearance of a wider body....optical illusion.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceX3 View Post
              I really don't think that's one of Dave's.....none of his, or any stock Y2KV for that matter had a bound headstock. Every one I've ever seen, the binding stops with the fretboard. Either way, this is a custom piece.
              Well, you're incorrect about Dave's not having a bound headstock.

I just pulled up the powerpoint file from 2005 where Dave was selling the "last" of his Jacksons. There were a total of 6 guitars up for sale and 4 of them were Y2KV's. One of them was a Silver Y2KV with a Floyd.

Here are the hi-res pics I pulled from the file.

As you can see quite clearly his had headstock binding.

According to the powerpoint file he was asking $13,000USD for this guitar. I don't know if it sold at that time or not.

Comment

Yikes!

Sorry for the huge ass pics. Didn't realize they were THAT big.

Comment

That is one sweet guitar. Congrats!
                  |My CSG gallery|
                  (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Hey Morph, good to see you on here!
                    Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by Sinistas View Post
                      Hey Morph, good to see you on here!
                      Long time no see.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Has anyone heard of a Y2KV neck through Mustaine with round horn body and Floyd Rose? I came across a Custom Shop model, and I wanted to know if there were any Production ones like this:

It's in silver sparkle paint, has Mustaine's signature under the logo, and "Made in USA" is on the back of the headstock. Serial number stamped into the last fret of the ebony board is J60xx. Were the headstocks on the Production Y2KV's like this one? What do you think?
                        get it!!!!

if you don't, forward it to me!!
                        USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                        USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Yeah, it's on the way to me now from CA, will post pics and a review when I have it. Should be early to mid next week.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Sweet jesus, that guitar is the shit. Always wanted a Y2KV.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

That could seriously be the same guitar. It is identical in every way. One way to tell for sure is the serial number I guess.

Definitely one of the coolest Jacksons I've ever seen.
                              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well, she arrived and is most awesome. Not sure if it was Dave's, serial is J6647, one before the confirmed J6648 that was his. Who knows? One thing that's weird, check the saddles of the Floyd on mine and compare to the J6648 above. Intonation is exactly the same. Strange. Well, it has Schaller tuners, "Made in USA" on the back, silver sparkle metallic paint, R3 nut (but the neck feels wider than a KV2), skinny/tall frets (but the neck profile is NOT the speed neck found on the KV2, a little chunkier, still nice, but thicker), Floyd, 2 volumes/1 tone, 3 way toggle, Duncan Jazz in the neck and Duncan TB-4 or TB-5 in the bridge (the sticker on back is missing! I'll have to ohm the pickup out to be sure which model), neck/headstock binding, ebony board, 24 frets, sharkfin inlays, and Dunlop strap locks, which I've never had before, kinda cool. I removed the brushed aluminum back plates to see inside. The tremolo cavity has a piece of tape with "8-24" on it, then what appears to be a work order number. No other markings anywhere. Plays great, sounds wonderful, it's heavier than I expected and the neck is a little thicker than I would have liked, but still a great guitar. Here's some pics for eveyone to see it:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                                Gotta get away from here.
                                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                                X