Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Jackson Custom Shop Left Handed DK1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slime green!!!!!
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
      Looks awesome congrats on the wicked score.... what is the main difference between a regular dk1?? it looks like a standard trans red dk1 to me
      KBRR:

By the way, it's a Root Beer Trans finish, not a Red Trans finish. I know it doesn't look that way in the pictures, but I found out (plus it's on my lap right now)

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        I am in love w/ that Pink one dude!! What year are they?
        1986 my friend! (great year).

Comment

No doubt man, they are definitely boner inducing You seem to take good care of your guitars cause from what I see, they look really nice.
          My Baretta was an 86 also. I had an 87 Pacer, and some Focuses also, but they are long gone now. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure.
          'Howling in shadows
          Living in a lunar spell
          He finds his heaven
          Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
            No doubt man, they are definitely boner inducing You seem to take good care of your guitars cause from what I see, they look really nice.
            My Baretta was an 86 also. I had an 87 Pacer, and some Focuses also, but they are long gone now. Hindsight is 20/20 for sure.
            Ok I take back my previous statement....let me be a little more clear.

1. Pinky is an original 1986 Kramer Baretta.
            2. Slimer has an original NOS Kramer neck from around 1990 (right before Kramer closed down) and a brand new body, created EXACTLY to spec as a 1986 Kramer Baretta body. Southeast Guitars builds exact replica bodies of classic Kramer's for guys who want to build them exactly to spec like I did. He builds them by hand so exact that Gibson offered him a job building classic Kramers, which he turned down.

My buddy and I built Slimer, exactly to 1986 spec, finding the BLUEPRINTS and using them to the T to build Slimer (down to the wiring, the neckplate, everything). We built Slimer as a result of how impressed we were with the tone on Pinky.

Pinky is NEON Pink and Slimer is Type O Negative green. Very deep and rich colors which the camera sensor couldn't capture at all. Pinky is actually so neon people joke that they can go blind looking at her...so much, the image sensor couldn't register the color on the camera (so the picture came out like crap).

Now getting back to Jackson....I've been obsessing over a Jackson Firebird (alla Robbin Crosby) this week. I might have to get one of those next (if they'll still build them).

Comment

Ok, I thought that the sharktooth inlays were an 87 option, but I wasnt sure.
              I also though of going that direction and building my own from scratch. There's enough parts out there to accomplish that and pull it off nicely.
              I like Crosby's Firebirds also. There was a lefty firebird body on ebay about 3 months ago, but the auction ended while I was at work and my girlfriend forgot to bid on it. You seem to share similar tastes in guitars as me thats cool!
              Rock on Bro!
              'Howling in shadows
              Living in a lunar spell
              He finds his heaven
              Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Looks great!!!! (Other than the backwards thing...)
                Sounds like you got a helluva deal.
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                  Looks great!!!! (Other than the backwards thing...)
                  Sounds like you got a helluva deal.
                  Thanks Charlz! The new Jackson Custom is dangerous though because it's causing me to not want to go to work. (I'm constantly thinking about playing the thing when I get home).:idea:

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONLEFTYFREAK View Post
                    I'm not going to lie, I like it better than my SL2H. It sounds more full, the neck is a little fatter, etc.
                    The neck may have the biggest influence on the sound. Fat neck -> fat sound.

PS: Lefties at the Stack!
                    Just kidding...
                    '97 KV1 alder

Comment

Working...
                    X