No announcement yet.

Post your San dimas era jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charvel750, is that an EMG for a guitar in your bass?
    Nice guitars here!
    I like those 3 Rhoads. Roody,which one do you like the best out of them?
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

When did production move from the SD plant to the Ontario plant? Didn't they continue to use SD plates for a while even after they moved?

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        Nice guitars here!
        No, that is a Jackson bass humbucker, the J-40 (?) I think they called it. Those were common stock pickups from about 1985 until 1990, or you could get P/J configurations.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
          When did production move from the SD plant to the Ontario plant? Didn't they continue to use SD plates for a while even after they moved?
          The move happend sometime in 1986. Yes they kept using SD plates while building in Ontario.

Here is my '86 SD Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
            The move happend sometime in 1986. Yes they kept using SD plates while building in Ontario.

Here is my '86 SD Jackson

DAMN slash thats my old guitar, funny thing is that guitar is dated 12/86, but has a fairly low serial.

BTW heres my 86's
            soloist, dinky & strat.

yeah the dinky is being redone 4/86 was originally had one of the Kahler spyders....

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
              Nice guitars here!
              I actually like them all. The thing is, I actually like my newer Rhoads' the same if not more than the San Dimas stuff. Yes, collectors are more after the San Dimas era guitars but from an objective stand point I say they have nothing on the current models. Of the 3 san Dimas' I posted, the earliest is the red String Thru but it needs to be re-strung and setup before I can say which plays the best. The Black Floyd and Silver Khaler Rhoads's are in better shape than the string thru.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Here is my 87 San Dimas Strat. I have been contemplating selling her

I am not good at adding images apparently. A link for your viewing pleasure....
                http://1987jacksonguitar.shutterfly.com/

...and does anyone know why I cannot post on the classifieds? It keeps telling me my account may not be activated correctly?

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  I actually like them all. The thing is, I actually like my newer Rhoads' the same if not more than the San Dimas stuff. Yes, collectors are more after the San Dimas era guitars but from an objective stand point I say they have nothing on the current models. Of the 3 san Dimas' I posted, the earliest is the red String Thru but it needs to be re-strung and setup before I can say which plays the best. The Black Floyd and Silver Khaler Rhoads's are in better shape than the string thru.
                  This is my take on it after owning a SD soloist, 2 SD RRs and one SD KV. I like the 90's era Jackson the best.

The SD era Jacksons mostly use that awful heavy Poplar. The necks are pretty thick but if thats your thing than thats cool. Also they have a god awful neck heel on the soloist that I noticed. Newer stuff does not. Played through an amplifier they do have a lot of tone and MOJO.

Smaller control route is a win and also no scarf joint neck construction is a plus. Now if they combined these SD features with USA select Jacksons you have a recipe for win win!

Comment

Actually, the first Production USA's from at least 1990-1994 were using poplar for the body woods.
                    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                    Gotta get away from here.
                    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

pretty sure this is a san dimas. could be an ontario as well though. it's an '86. I LOVE IT.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Actually, the first Production USA's from at least 1990-1994 were using poplar for the body woods.
                        I should have been more specific and said I love my late 90's Jacksons. I know they used Poplar for a while even on alot of the KV1s.

Comment

I wanna have sex with this guitar!
                          "POOP"

Comment

Here are mine

1986 Charvel

1986 V

1985 SD Student Soloist
                            Last edited by GodWentPUNK; 11-09-2008, 12:15 AM.
                            www.godwentpunk.com
                            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

My first Jackson from 1985, a sparkle red Soloist. The autographs on the back are from some guys I got to play with in the 80s. Ace Frehley, Nuno Bettencourt, Joe Lynn Turner, and Charlie Farren from the Joe Perry Project. Nasty color, but its still one of the best guitars I've ever owned.

Last edited by Laars; 11-09-2008, 06:19 PM.

Comment

1986 KV here

_________________________________________________
                                "Artists should be free to spend their days mastering their craft so that working people can toil away in a more beautiful world."
                                - Ken M

Comment

Working...
                                X