Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson/Megadeth Project King V complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
    8 months is ok.
    That's about the time I waited for my KV2 back in 2006
    Yeah, if no mistakes are made 8 months isn't unreasonable. I am probably going to request monthly progress pics just so if something isn't done right I catch it early. Hopefully the super hi-res photographs I sent along with how detailed my specs were it will all be okay.

We'll see. Will be my first Jackson after the Fender buyout. I'm excited

Comment

So, is the CS producing KVs with fixed Kahlers?
      Didn't I read something about not wanting to get sued by Dave or something?
      '97 KV1 alder

Comment

I'm excited too about your KV.
        Because I plan something similar...

Do you think you get monthly pix?
        I think it's more like they start building your guitar in 7 months or so because of the huge amount of CS orders and have it done in about 4 weeks.

I hope it will turn out fucking awsome for you Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Homer View Post
          So, is the CS producing KVs with fixed Kahlers?
          Didn't I read something about not wanting to get sued by Dave or something?
          They will do a KV with a fixed Kahler. But there are certain things they won't do. If you ask for something his name was on or that he co-designed like a KV1 or a Y2KV they won't do it.

From what I was told when I submitted my order for a quote Jackson said, "A KV with a Kahler is not Mustaine's Intellectual Property." which is what a lot of people have been saying anyway.

Mustaine wouldn't have a leg to stand on if he tried to sue Jackson over that anyway. He doesn't own the KV shape, Kahler, etc. Perhaps the self-proclaimed "Legend" believes he does, but I don't think any judge would see it that way. :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
            I'm excited too about your KV.
            Because I plan something similar...

Do you think you get monthly pix?
            I think it's more like they start building your guitar in 7 months or so because of the huge amount of CS orders and have it done in about 4 weeks.

I hope it will turn out fucking awsome for you Brian
            I don't know how they handle the production these days. But I figure I will just ask for monthly pic updates and if there's nothing going on they can send me a photo of a pile of lumber or something .

Production probably doesn't start immediately, but I would venture if they give you an 8 month build time they probably start it 6-8 weeks after the order has been placed.

I would imagine that they do things in batches. 30 guitars sitting there waiting for their control configurations to be drilled and someone goes to town. That might explain why even though sometimes people are insanely specific on their order sheets, mistakes sometimes happen. I think if they did it your way, and focused on 1 guitar for 4 weeks they wouldn't be making nearly as many mistakes, tho production time would go through the roof.

Comment

Like I said Brian; If you ever want to let that KV go - give me a shout!
              My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                I like how a custom King V cost a little over $1200.
                huh??? is this really true???
                how do you get custom orders anyway? i meant i get the part where i'm supposed to fill in a form...but then what? o_O
                and where do you get the quote for that as well?
                Own:
                '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
                w/e catches my eyes ATM
                More '90 Professionals

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                  Like I said Brian; If you ever want to let that KV go - give me a shout!
                  +1

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                    I'm going with "hopefully before 2010"

I was told 8 months.
                    They told me 10 months back in 99, but it took 3.
                    Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Working...
                    X