Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson/Megadeth Project King V complete!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMFG!

That's by far the coolest thread ever!
    Really nice guitar!

And as a little Mustaine-fanboy I have to say that everything Brian said matches all the storries I've heard about Dave's guitars.

Comment

I like how a custom King V cost a little over $1200.
      Scott

Comment

Amazing job. Very jealous. I'd kill to have one like that. GREAT JOB!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
          Hrm, I don't think that's the case because the KV Pro is more similar to the Megadeth logo KV than the Silver KV.

The pickup spacing is the same and they modeled the headstock shape after the Megadeth logo one which had been broken and repaired which is why it has a unique shape to it (shorter).

There's also the body differences between the Pro and the US custom models. The neck joins the body on the US models below the 19th fret. On the Japanese Pro models I believe it's just above the 19th fret. Minor, but I have been told I am a screw counter lol.

The Silver paint on the Pro models is definitely different than Dave's US models. I still don't know what it officially was. Trying to get word from Mustaine himself via the webmaster over at Megadeth.com. Maybe I need to buy some of Daves "Legends" coffee to get his attention...:ROTF:

That would be cool!

Only Mustaine himself can clear up the storry behind his Jacksons.

I hope you will receive any response from the webmaster.
          Last edited by The Mitch; 09-11-2008, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I like how he states he paid $3000 for it!

Comment

BTW,

some Pix of my Mustaine KV-Pro:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mitch View Post
                That would be cool!

Only Mustaine himself can clear up the storry behind his Jacksons.

I hope you will receive any response from the webmaster.
                Hehe you would think right? But who knows. If you look at his comments in that article from Guitar World on his "Number One" some stuff he says just doesn't add up.

I have also heard that the white KV with the H/S/S layout was Dave's first KV from Jackson. Though, I have heard that the first custom one they made for him to his specs was the black Megadeth logo one that Jani from the Jackson Guitar Palace site now owns.

In 2001 Tim Wilson (Jackson) told me that Dave's guitars were finished in "Mercedes Silver" to match his car. Tim had been with Jackson forever, and was there during the time those Silver guitars were built so it seemed like he would know what he was talking about. However, once the 25th Anniversary KV's came out you could see that the finish on them wasn't quite the same as Mustaine's guitars. Plus, I don't ever recall seeing a Mercedes that was as sparkly as Mustaine's guitars .

Comment

sweet!!

Comment

Hmmm..

I "heard" that Dave's first Jackson was the blue RR as seen in the video In My Darkest Hour, then there was the white HSS KV.

And on that HSS KV, Dave did some neck-surgery
                    The result was a thinner neck which inspired him for his Megadeth-Logo KV. As you can see on the workorder "thin neck".

But, all speculation

Comment

Hmmm..

I "heard" that Dave's first Jackson was the blue RR as seen in the video In My Darkest Hour, then there was the white HSS KV.

And on that HSS KV, Dave did some neck-surgery
                      The result was a thinner neck which inspired him for his Megadeth-Logo KV. As you can see on the workorder "thin neck".

But, all speculation

Hehe, yeah. I don't know for certain which was technically the actual first Jackson he received from the company to use. But I believe the first logged order he placed for a guitar to his exact specs was the work order I posted earlier.

You're correct about the HSS KV. He shaved down the neck on it. There are a couple of pics out there where you can see the back of the neck and it had been stripped of all the paint.

Comment

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Brian, what Kahler did you order on your new CS KV?
                        I'm asking because I can't find a new black APM 3300.

Cheers

Comment

THREAD RESURRECTION!

Brian, what Kahler did you order on your new CS KV?
                          I'm asking because I can't find a new black APM 3300.

Cheers
                          Kahler offers both the 3300 and 3310 in Black still. It's just not listed on their website. I emailed them to confirm.

Here's what they said.

Thank you very much for contacting us. Actually, both options are
                          available...we simply haven't gotten around to updating the website. TO
                          order, simply give us a call at 760-643-0000. The 3300 in black is the
                          same price as chrome at $219 and the 3310 is the steel rollers, price is
                          $229.
                          Brian

Comment

Cool!!!
                            Thanx very much.
                            When will your silver KV be finished?

Comment

Cool!!!
                              Thanx very much.
                              When will your silver KV be finished?
                              I'm going with "hopefully before 2010"

I was told 8 months.

Comment

8 months is ok.
                                That's about the time I waited for my KV2 back in 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X