No announcement yet.

Ken's Warriors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not exactly Big Red but here is the Big Red Prototype.

I always wanted a Double Rhoads and I prefer non-recessed Floyds and 22 frets, this came up so I grabbed it. The funny thng is I was trying to quote a custom of one of these in all silver with chrome hardware months before the release of the 25th Double Rhoads. Iwas never able to get the quote then they came out with the 25th . Needless to say there was no reason to custom shop it after that. Look at my avatar. I was using the generator to come up with the idea at the time.

EJ
    Last edited by ejpii; 08-21-2008, 11:26 AM.

Comment

epjii, nice guitar! I have a question a little off topic: what kind of stand are you using for your V? I'm trying to find a few that fit nicely and yours looks like it's just what I need.

*I wasn't sure how many Big Red's wers built or if they were all even completed. Thanks for clearing that up!
      'Howling in shadows
      Living in a lunar spell
      He finds his heaven
      Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

Originally posted by metalchurch79 View Post
        epjii, nice guitar! I have a question a little off topic: what kind of stand are you using for your V? I'm trying to find a few that fit nicely and yours looks like it's just what I need.

*I wasn't sure how many Big Red's wers built or if they were all even completed. Thanks for clearing that up!

Thanks for the comment. The stand is called ULTIMATE that is the only writing on the stand and I puchased it 10 or so years ago at Daddys Junky music. http://www.daddys.com/ I don't even know if they carry them anymore. I was walking through the store and they were on sale so I picked them up.

EJ
        Last edited by ejpii; 08-21-2008, 08:39 PM.

Comment

The plates were signed by the King:

And I did buy it new from that old JCF run. The serial numbers were all "JCF 02" and then the number, which mine was 18:

"Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
          Gotta get away from here.
          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I didn't get any of the goodies with the prototype just a document stating it was the prototype for the JCF Big Red run and the serial is a custom shop number with a P after it.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post

Can I see more pics of these please?

- 1-hum rearloaded white RR with gold hardware
              - black RR with gold covered pickups
              - RR with somekind of graphic...orange/yellow moon on the longerwing...white bridge pickup too
              - blue RR with darker blue bevels and black non-recessed floyd
              The blue Rhoads is an early '87:

I'd have to dig up pics of the others, the white RR is in the Gallery, it's from 1988. The black RR is a JRR Concept which was my brother's. It has a piezo bridge now and Duncan gold pickups. The RR with the moon is called "Valley of Lost Souls" and I sold that to someone on here, it's an island under the moon with a ship wreck in the water and dead skeletons floating in the wreckage...

Comment

Charvel750, thanks for the pic's of the trem cover. I love that guitar man, I can't get enough of it! And signed by Robbin also, how cool is that?!!!

If you dont mind me asking, how much was this? What year is it btw? I'm guessing that you also keep it in the case tucked away safe and sound? I'm glad that I don't own something like that cause I'd want to play it, and you know how it is when you start that...then you make it more of a habit, besides everytime it's out that's just one more time it could get nicked or bumped. That's my luck anyway I try to keep mine real nice, but sometimes shit happens.
                Thanks so much for sharing that guitar w/me and everyone else, that was real cool of you to take the time and do that.
                -Joe
                'Howling in shadows
                Living in a lunar spell
                He finds his heaven
                Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

No sweat, bro.

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii View Post
                    I didn't get any of the goodies with the prototype just a document stating it was the prototype for the JCF Big Red run and the serial is a custom shop number with a P after it.

EJ
                    I have one of the three prototypes for the JCF-01 Rhoads, the first one made. My serial number is JCF01-P1. Interesting that your prototype Big Red uses the custom shop serial number followed by a P. Perhaps they did it that way because there was only one Big Red prototype whereas the JCF-01 run had three prototypes? Where there any other Big Red prototypes built?
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                      I have one of the three prototypes for the JCF-01 Rhoads, the first one made. My serial number is JCF01-P1. Interesting that your prototype Big Red uses the custom shop serial number followed by a P. Perhaps they did it that way because there was only one Big Red prototype whereas the JCF-01 run had three prototypes? Where there any other Big Red prototypes built?
                      I posted info in the new Big Red thread so we can stop hijacking the warrior thread . As far as I know there was only one. Sullys was the 1st approved one I believe but his is part of the run. Sully knows more on this than I do.

EJ

Comment

Working...
                      X