Just curious, should Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
    TOM bridges sounds best with mahogany necks & bodies. They should do them as "limited editions", like the SL2H-MAH versions. Preferably with special, exclusive finishes.

And then price them so they don't sell, just like the SL2H-MAH

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, SL2H-MAHs do sell. You seem to miss the point of a limited edition model, and how/why they sell less units. i.e., Add some exclusive features. In this case, mahogany bodies and necks. Add an exclusive feature premium ($$$). Then sell in lower volumes. Higher profit per unit justifies the lower volume sold.

Comment

Yes a KV2T in 25.5 would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by cookiemonster2 View Post
          Yes a KV2T in 25.5 would be nice.
          Ya and one that's actually a KV2T, because what they are calling a KV2T now is really something very different from a KV2.

Comment

A KV2T would be very cool, especially if it was just like the KV2, but w/ string thru. Like the RR5, and RR5FR.
            'Howling in shadows
            Living in a lunar spell
            He finds his heaven
            Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

RD, I can sympathize with your dilemma live. We use 3 tunings in my 80's cover band: Eb, Eb with drop D for two songs, and tuned down to D. I usually take a minimum of 4 guitars to cover these tunings and have a spare for Eb which is the majority of our songs. Gives me an excuse to play lots of Jacksons each gig And while I'm all for buying more Jacksons, one way around your problem is to simply buy a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx. It has high quality effects and one of them is a very nice pitch shifter which allows you to drop your tuning, or raise it, by about 5 steps in either direction by simply pushing a button on your foot controller to switch to that patch! You can play your same Floyded guitar for several tunings with this thing That is of course unless you're not talking about straight tunings but rather alternate tunings then you simply need more Jacksons!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                RD, I can sympathize with your dilemma live. We use 3 tunings in my 80's cover band: Eb, Eb with drop D for two songs, and tuned down to D. I usually take a minimum of 4 guitars to cover these tunings and have a spare for Eb which is the majority of our songs. Gives me an excuse to play lots of Jacksons each gig And while I'm all for buying more Jacksons, one way around your problem is to simply buy a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx. It has high quality effects and one of them is a very nice pitch shifter which allows you to drop your tuning, or raise it, by about 5 steps in either direction by simply pushing a button on your foot controller to switch to that patch! You can play your same Floyded guitar for several tunings with this thing That is of course unless you're not talking about straight tunings but rather alternate tunings then you simply need more Jacksons!
                we use..

EADGBE 1 song live

DADGBE 2 songs live

DGCFAD 2 songs live

CGCFAD 8 songs live

and now C F Bb Ee G C 1 song live

I only want to use 2 tunings live but if we play the drop c stuff first, tune up to d play those, switch guitars and play the drop d stuff then tune up to e... then switch guitars and play the straight c song... we only have to switch 3 times in a 45 minute set :ROTF:

it's retarded I know but I think that's what's gonna wind up happening. We may axe the c standard song for live so we only have to switch twice but then i don't get to use any floyded guitars!

my silver kv2 is my main axe so i'll only get to use it on the drop c stuff...
                USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by RD View Post
                  we use..

EADGBE 1 song live

DADGBE 2 songs live

DGCFAD 2 songs live

CGCFAD 8 songs live

and now C F Bb Ee G C 1 song live

I only want to use 2 tunings live but if we play the drop c stuff first, tune up to d play those, switch guitars and play the drop d stuff then tune up to e... then switch guitars and play the straight c song... we only have to switch 3 times in a 45 minute set :ROTF:

it's retarded I know but I think that's what's gonna wind up happening. We may axe the c standard song for live so we only have to switch twice but then i don't get to use any floyded guitars!

my silver kv2 is my main axe so i'll only get to use it on the drop c stuff...
                  Other than occassionally dropping my low E to D or using the D-Tuna on a Floyded guitar, I try to avoid tuning the guitars up or down during the same show myself. Often they have a tendency to want to return to the original tuning so it sounds out of tune. If I leave my Jacksons in their current tuning, some are so stable that they even stay in tune for the next gig!
                  Perhaps you need to talk Jackson into building you a custom shop incorporating a custom VG system with all your tunings like they do on the VG Strat
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                    Other than occassionally dropping my low E to D or using the D-Tuna on a Floyded guitar, I try to avoid tuning the guitars up or down during the same show myself. Often they have a tendency to want to return to the original tuning so it sounds out of tune. If I leave my Jacksons in their current tuning, some are so stable that they even stay in tune for the next gig!
                    Perhaps you need to talk Jackson into building you a custom shop incorporating a custom VG system with all your tunings like they do on the VG Strat
                    :ROTF:

I just need more guitars!!
                    USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
                    USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
                      I think Jackson should have a string through option on all models.
                      Absolutely agree. I see more and more people disliking trems. Tuning options, sustain, string changes, etc. All good reasons to go string-through. Hell, I'm still looking for an SL2-HT in trans something and am having a hard time finding one.

Comment

I think having the "T" option for every model would be great. I'd hit a WR1T for sure. And yeah, its gotta have the string plate .
                        I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Doesn't everyone.

and yes, I would order a Ferrari red KE2T in about 10 seconds if they released that model.
                            "Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                            X