No announcement yet.

Its official KV2+Kahler=Artist Similar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanted you guys to know there is a update in the first post I think they may allow kahlers...I may have a silver sparkle in the future.

Comment

Damn what a shame. I guess I'll have to be content playing the one I already have!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
        Damn what a shame. I guess I'll have to be content playing the one I already have!

Is that the one you restored?

Guess what I have sitting in my closet?

1985 King V custom in ferrari red with Kahler that is waiting refinishing but is in excelent playing condition. It has a one piece neck!

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          Is that the one you restored?

Guess what I have sitting in my closet?

1985 King V custom in ferrari red with Kahler that is waiting refinishing but is in excelent playing condition. It has a one piece neck!
          Yeah that's the one. Cool, who are going to have do the refin?

Comment

Yeah that's the one. Cool, who are going to have do the refin?
            I talked to Lee at GMW about getting it refinned and was suppose to send it out. Then bills piled up so I could not afford to at the time.

I heard GMW no longer refinshes guitars?

Is this true?

Comment

Is this true?
              I believe it is, unfortunately. It sucks that you didn't get it to them earlier. Maybe Lee will make an exception?

EDIT: I actually talked to Lee about doing mine a while back, and he didn't like the fact that I wrote up all my requirements. I thought that was kind of strange.

Comment

I believe it is, unfortunately. It sucks that you didn't get it to them earlier. Maybe Lee will make an exception?

EDIT: I actually talked to Lee about doing mine a while back, and he didn't like the fact that I wrote up all my requirements. I thought that was kind of strange.
                I should just ship the guitar to lee without asking with a print out of the old E-mail of his price quote and him agreeing to it. Maybe that way he has no choice.

Comment

I should just ship the guitar to lee without asking with a print out of the old E-mail of his price quote and him agreeing to it. Maybe that way he has no choice.
                  Good luck with that!

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
                    At one point in time Megadeth was my favorite band. But they haven't put anything good out in years (IMO). I don't know anyone who actually still listens to them.
                    I still listen to them, granted its slanted toward the older material. I can still remember buying the Killing is my Business casette tape.

This policy is getting weird though. You want a KV2 with a volume knob? Sorry, artist replica.
                    Jackson KV2
                    Jackson KE1T
                    Jackson KE1F
                    Jackson SL1

Comment

I think the larger concern is that someone will try to pass it off as "this used to belong to <given artist> and I bought it from him during his last mental breakdown".

That and when Artist Guitars are stolen, then someone shows up with a "replica"....

I do think it's sad, though, whether that's the case or not.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

why are they still in Business???,all their guitars are artist similar,they might as well pull
                        the floyds off too,this is beyond silly
                        http://www.myspace.com/deadsoldier2

Comment

This is all pretty frickin stupid as far as I am concerned. It's one thing to say we can't use copyrighted images etc. Dave didn't invent the shape, or the Kahler. Next they will say that we can't have pick-ups becuase Joe Blow of "Joe Blow and and the Sucks" uses them.

Comment

It looks like an excuse to drive up prices without increasing production . Sir , you're artist similiar guitar will require custom shop building ( select production - albeit limited run ) , unfortunately the lead in time will be .............

however custom shop should start being quicker with the rampant diss-satisfaction of people's wait times . They're not gonna change but many regular people will..therefore less work = quicker turnaround time

or am I just being optimistic about the death kelly I'm preparing to order ????
                            Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Is this true?[/QUOTE]

this is true.....he will only touch his new line of guitars, no more refins..

jon

Comment

I will update this thread shortly I found out they are willing to do a KV2 with Kahler but there are certain configs they wont do or cant. LSRs are one which is a good thing I think but they are out of business...

Also they will not pull old WO's anymore...

Comment

Working...
                                X