No announcement yet.

KE2 Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting this one (Kelly Std) next week.

I had a Kelly XL a while ago and it had no neck dive because someone had moved the strap peg to the neck plate. Very comfortable to play sitting down IMO. Here it is:

Last edited by Spivonious; 08-29-2008, 08:22 AM.
    Scott

Comment

I've owned 4 kelly's, I love the shape bigtime but all of mine hung left and neckdove..
      USA Doublerhoads Custom Shop
      USA King V Custom Shop X Series

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
        I have two Kellys, a KE2 and a Kelly Custom from '93 which has a slightly different body than the KE2.

What are the body differences between the 93 custom and your KE2?

Comment

I love the look of the KE2's. I sold mine a couple of years ago. The neck dive was evident but I got used to it. I just couldn't get used to the neck profile.

Comment

I love kellys!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksoncsplayer View Post
              I love kellys!
              did you just get that? cause i think i saw it on the bay a little while ago.
              My Childrens
              -------------
              Lefty Ke2 ferrari red w blk bevels
              Lefty RR1T trans black
              Lefty Sl2HT trans black
              Lefty SLSMG!!!!

Comment

Do they need to be KE2s?

My old Kelly was what I think was a VERY early X series with some performer parts on it... the original owner put in a Duncan Distortion. They were also a lefty, as they put a trap button on the upper horn, and put purple nailpolish on the other side of the fretboard for fretmarkers, while the general guitar was used and abused. Came with this beat to hell case. It took some cleaning and setup work, but I eventually got it playing great. I traded it away for an Ibby, then it got traded not long after that, and now I don't know what happened... for it's flaws, I miss it.

Comment

I've only ever owned a KE3. Loved the neck profile, not the neck dive. Relocating the forward strap pin removed the dive, but caused the body to tilt over, very much how my RR24 behaves.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by BeholdTheFallen View Post
                    did you just get that? cause i think i saw it on the bay a little while ago.
                    No, I actually sold it to a guy in AZ about a year ago. I'm hoping to get it back soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                      What are the body differences between the 93 custom and your KE2?
                      Hi Brian, didn't notice your question until now. I'm not sure. It seems like there were three different Kelly body sizes and my 93 custom is somewhat larger.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
                        Hi Brian, didn't notice your question until now. I'm not sure. It seems like there were three different Kelly body sizes and my 93 custom is somewhat larger.
                        Thanks

Interesting. Hard to tell from the pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
                          Thanks

Interesting. Hard to tell from the pics though.
                          No problem. At first I though they were the same size too and it is difficult to see. But they do feel different.

Comment

I noticed the difference in size between my KE2 and mutt kelly (built from a ps6t) straight away. Basicaly the rear of the guitar is about an inch longer on the mutt than the KE2. But one thing I've noticed is there is no neck dive whats so ever on the mutt. I did re-locate the strap button to the neck plate. But I think the combination of the extra weight at the rear and the fact the rear strap button is bang in the centre of the guitar and not off-set to the top a-la KE2 is what gives it it's great balance.

Anyway, ramble over! Love both my Kellys.

Mutt Kelly. Original Floyd, Duncan TB5/SH2 and reverse neck

KE2

Comment

Working...
                            X