# 10 is here (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    There were three different sizes of the Kelly... the King Kelly like here, a medium size, then Marty Friedman had it downsized to the smaller KE2 size.
    Thanks. Are the different specs listed somewhere? I would be interested in figuring out what exactly my Kelly Custom is.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread!

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      I concur. I've never played a King Kelly, but I bet they balance a hell of a lot better than the tiny normal ones.
      In terms of balance, my Kelly Custom is definitely worse than my KE-2.

Comment

Matt's Music still has one.

Comment

Hey thanks for all the great feedback guys ,

No I've never had a problem with neckdive on any of my kelly's (perhaps a group pic will be needed) ,I always use straplocks - and some brands (dunlop in particular) seem to give more sway because of the distance from the guitars body to the strap anchors.I also have a quite aggressive fretting hand - I cradle it in a death roll ,now I'm not the fastest player \ but some of my favorite music is slower then 230 bpm.

No fears about castration cause I play low ( ala Jimmy Page )

so those are dadario strings - I've never used them ; And I'd be willing to bet a new set would feel a whole lot better (currently I use ernies \ used to be dean markleys)

RD - I'd love to see some pics of your anniversary v
          Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
            perhaps a group pic will be needed
            That's a definite!
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm just glad it made it there and didn't end up as toothpicks!

looks killer Dude!

Cheers!

C

Comment

holy shit ,

thanks spiral arch - I happen to work for fedex and I was able to stop it from going through our system.A couple of firsts happened to me on thurs ,

1 ) I worked for free overtime

2) I unloaded a truck ( because I was scared of our regular unloaders --- after unloading all of the truck I found it in the nose \ in a horrible way ,it appeared to be on top of a washing machine 1\2 way -with heavy ,large boxes on either side.Needless to say I immediatly stopped unloading the truck and sequestered this metal machine.After a brief inspection ( I was covered in sweat )I decided I didn't need to send it back.I went home and got a shower ,and then ,then I ruined that unplayed factor.Incredibly smooth all across the neck ,nice pup's ,drips metal.

thrash on brothers

Comment

RD , very ,very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                    RD , very ,very nice
                    +1 and the Kelly is awesome as well.

Iv'e been droolin for a 25th anv. for awhile...

Comment

Dude that is a SICK looking axe! You are a lucky man

I did learn something in this thread too... that Kellys com in different sizes! I had no idea until today. Very interesting information.

I do have to ask a question though. What do you think of that bridge? I've been eyeballing one for one of my V projects, but have never played on one so was a bit hesitant. It looks like its comfortable as hell, but it also looks like it would rock back and forth a bit? Hard to tell from the pics of course, but it appears its only bolted down to the body by the two screws up front, and then it has a long butt so it looks like it might wiggle a bit. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the bridge if you dont mind. Thanks!
                      - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                        Dude that is a SICK looking axe! You are a lucky man

I did learn something in this thread too... that Kellys com in different sizes! I had no idea until today. Very interesting information.

I do have to ask a question though. What do you think of that bridge? I've been eyeballing one for one of my V projects, but have never played on one so was a bit hesitant. It looks like its comfortable as hell, but it also looks like it would rock back and forth a bit? Hard to tell from the pics of course, but it appears its only bolted down to the body by the two screws up front, and then it has a long butt so it looks like it might wiggle a bit. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the bridge if you dont mind. Thanks!
                        I have the non-fine-tuner version on one of my Lados, and the posts fit very snugly in the bridge slots. Even so, you're right that there will be a very small amount of play, but it doesn't matter because the tension of the strings keeps the bridge from moving at all. Even with the longer back end, resting your hand against it will not budge it.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Zeegler is 100 % right ,plus I'm used to using floyd's - this thing is a rock

Comment

Working...
                          X