Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! Congrats, Rudy.

Comment

who needs a v plate, didn't the original have a fender style trem, any ways, lots of envy here!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
        I mainly use the bridge pickup on all my guitars, probably 90% of the time. Switching on top of this Rhoads is not difficult. Its almost similar to doing it on a Les Paul. I was playing it a bit yesterday and it plays and sounds fantastic! Not sure why they used jumbo frets on it instead of the original small wire size, not that it bothers me but its the first guitar I've played that has binding over the fret ends in Jumbo. Great axe!
        I usually play the bridge pickup as well, but there are a few Steve Hackett solos which require me to start with the neck pickup and switch halfway through to the bridge pickup.
        "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

wow that's very nice!!

Comment

I swap between them for tonal variety. Different strokes I guess.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Beautiful guitar !!! Congrats on the rare find!
              http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

Nice!!! Hey Roody, I believe some of us are still waiting for a group shot (s)...
                Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
                  That is awesome, even without the v plate. Congrats!
                  +1. I think the V plate would take away from the pinstripes, so it's perfect as is!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Meet your guitars brother. Hi Everyone, It's been a while. I jump in and out and try to keep up with everything thats going on but with work and the family time is really thin.

The six guitar DCGL run with TOM bridges. Jason and I set up the initial order and I specified all mahogony for mine the rest were alder/maple. The way we were able to get by the LTD thing was with the TOM. Here is a picture of mine.

And a construction pic.

EJ

Comment

Yes, ejpii thats the one I was thinking of. I knew someone here had the mahogany one but couldn't remember who. I thought there were 10 made but I stand corrected, I was going from memory but now that you mention it 6 is the number. Was going with the larger fret wire size and input jack in the upper wing also done to avoid being too similar to the original LTD? Not that I mind those changes I'm just wondering. Mine plays incredibly great and I don't think its even going to require a setup! Just play it the way it arrived right out of the case
                      Yeah, Charlz I know I need to do a group shop but thats going to take a lot of time. There are a lot of Jacksons to fit in that picture
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Was going with the larger fret wire size and input jack in the upper wing also done to avoid being too similar to the original LTD? Not that I mind those changes I'm just wondering.
                        I asked for the tall narrow Rhoads fret wire. I think thats what I have. I also believe I have the input jack on the lower wing. I'll have to check it's been a while since I played that guitar. If you look in the const. picture you can see the route on the lower wing. ????? I wonder if they made a mixed bag of them ????????

EJ

Comment

Sweet! some day i'll have one lol

Comment

AWESOME RUDY!!! CONGRATS!!! It would be nice to see your collection in the same picture as mentioned earlier

Comment

Originally posted by ejpii View Post
                              I asked for the tall narrow Rhoads fret wire. I think thats what I have. I also believe I have the input jack on the lower wing. I'll have to check it's been a while since I played that guitar. If you look in the const. picture you can see the route on the lower wing. ????? I wonder if they made a mixed bag of them ????????

EJ
                              In the picture you posted above of your completed guitar, it looks like jumbo frets to me but then again it could just be the reflection of the bright wire making it appear larger. The jack, I can't really tell from the construction picture. Its possible yours is in the lower wing. Check to see for sure. Mine is definetly in the upper wing.
                              Here is a close up of my custom shop 24 Fret Rhoads showing the skinny wire for comaprison:

Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
                                AWESOME RUDY!!! CONGRATS!!! It would be nice to see your collection in the same picture as mentioned earlier
                                Yeah, one of these days I'll get to it and do that
                                Rudy
                                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                                X