No announcement yet.

Jacksons as Fender copies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that I'm aware. Maybe certain models through the years?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
      You have his actual guitar? Or a production copy?
      I think the original is in a hard rock cafe somewhere. I hate that I know that (fan boy alert).
      I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I can't see the add that was posted...says my account doesn't have access. Is it because I don't have the premium subscription?
        "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Originally posted by levantin View Post
          I think the original is in a hard rock cafe somewhere. I hate that I know that (fan boy alert).
          No,

This is the real deal. I grew up in the Bay Area and got lucky on obtaining this guitar. I did or used to know people in the Bay Area music scene, not anymore though most went on to other things and as for me I am a nobody.

Ask me about any of Metallica's guitars and I can tell you where or who has them. Did you know Kirk retired his old Ouija guitars (BTW EMG89's in the neck) and gave one away to another guy that knows Kirk that lives in the Bay Area. ESP made him new Ouija's in 06 just look at the inlays to confirm.

In 1987 Kirk had two guitars made his "Zorlac" M-II with the sticker and the back up which was used as a back up and photos promotion with the correct KH2 style inlays. I got the second one which Kirk gave away to a local graphic arts guy in 93 and I scored it from him a few years ago.

I can post pics later I just have to dig it out. I am also know as EXPcustom on the ESP boards I am sure that senior mambers can also verify I have the real deal.

Comment

Did anybody else notice in the runon sentance of the year? That he starts out bashing Jackson for doing "replicas". Of a body design that hasn't been pattented (yet) But a similar body shape and size. Then he proceeds to bash others like Ibanez and ESP for doin the same thing. The finishes that gramarical mess by sticking up for J/C. Puncutation aside. WTF? dude put down the pipe and step away from the screen. A nice coherant thought would be good. With punctutaion of course.
            And yeah Grover bought out Wayne in the late 70's )78 as stated above) not in the mid 80's. The Rhoads mispelling is just unforgivable. Me thinks research should be done before spouting. But maybe that's just me.
            Gil

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
              No,

This is the real deal. I grew up in the Bay Area and got lucky on obtaining this guitar. I did or used to know people in the Bay Area music scene, not anymore though most went on to other things and as for me I am a nobody.

Ask me about any of Metallica's guitars and I can tell you where or who has them. Did you know Kirk retired his old Ouija guitars (BTW EMG89's in the neck) and gave one away to another guy that knows Kirk that lives in the Bay Area. ESP made him new Ouija's in 06 just look at the inlays to confirm.

In 1987 Kirk had two guitars made his "Zorlac" M-II with the sticker and the back up which was used as a back up and photos promotion with the correct KH2 style inlays. I got the second one which Kirk gave away to a local graphic arts guy in 93 and I scored it from him a few years ago.

I can post pics later I just have to dig it out. I am also know as EXPcustom on the ESP boards I am sure that senior mambers can also verify I have the real deal.
              Cool, I always thought there was only one zorlac. I'd love to see the pics.
              I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

Did anyone else lose their breath reading the OP's post?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                  Did anybody else notice in the runon sentance of the year? That he starts out bashing Jackson for doing "replicas". Of a body design that hasn't been pattented (yet) But a similar body shape and size. Then he proceeds to bash others like Ibanez and ESP for doin the same thing. The finishes that gramarical mess by sticking up for J/C. Puncutation aside. WTF? dude put down the pipe and step away from the screen. A nice coherant thought would be good. With punctutaion of course.
                  And yeah Grover bought out Wayne in the late 70's )78 as stated above) not in the mid 80's. The Rhoads mispelling is just unforgivable. Me thinks research should be done before spouting. But maybe that's just me.
                  Gil
                  OK, here goes coherent( seeing I can spell right ) thoughts,

1. If you had read my thread correctly , and I'm assuming you did, i merely stated that, on this message board, I have read people claiming that Jackson is the biggest ripoff company there is, correct!

2. I stated that throughout the 80's Ibanez and Esp and many others, jumped on the bandwagon and created very similar guitars did i not, which in a way makes them ripoffs right!

3. Sorry i misspelled Randy Rhoads name wrong, fast typing i guess(oopsie slap on the wrist)

4. I'm still learning, so instead of standing on my nuts, why don't you people educate me better.

5. I've owned various Jackson guitars, and Ibanez as well, and I would like to someday aquire an ESP. they are my 3 favorites, but this is a Jackson forum so I'll stick up for Jackson guitars. They have always been my favorite

I hope this has cleared some air thanks
                  Last edited by guitarnut1980; 07-11-2008, 09:42 PM. Reason: Derp!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Not that I'm aware. Maybe certain models through the years?
                    Wasn't there a stealth model that was sort of modeled to that description or maybe the soloist superlight.

Comment

Charvel Jackson as rip off artists?! Allow me to quote from the 1989 Charvel catalog:

"We would like to point out some of the developments the Charvel company has been responsible for in the history and growth of the electric guitar. The compound or descending fingerboard radius which is now used by many companies is an original Charvel innovation. This fingerboard radius which allows for faster and more even playing instruments can be found on all Charvel models. Ten years ago there were really only two accepted body shapes for electric guitars. Then Charvel introduced two new shapes. These were the Soloist and the Dinky body shapes. They both have proven to be very popular and now almost every other manufacturer has adopted them for use in their product lines. Our distinctive headstock is just another one of our developments that has set a new standard of popularity among guitarists and bassists world wide."

And from the 1990-91 catalog:

"Jackson/Charvel electric guitars and basses have set standards for creative innovation and unparalleled quality around the globe...More and more players have come to recognize that we're continually introducing new design and electronics concepts that constitute genuine advances in the science and art of guitar manufacture, not just whistles and bells...We've been borrowed from, copied, and out right ripped off by the biggest names in the business ever since the first Charvels hit the market. Are we flattered? Sure. Surprised? Not at all, we know a great innovation when we see one..."
                      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                      Gotta get away from here.
                      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

nice

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                        Charvel Jackson as rip off artists?! Allow me to quote from the 1989 Charvel catalog:

"We would like to point out some of the developments the Charvel company has been responsible for in the history and growth of the electric guitar. The compound or descending fingerboard radius which is now used by many companies is an original Charvel innovation. This fingerboard radius which allows for faster and more even playing instruments can be found on all Charvel models. Ten years ago there were really only two accepted body shapes for electric guitars. Then Charvel introduced two new shapes. These were the Soloist and the Dinky body shapes. They both have proven to be very popular and now almost every other manufacturer has adopted them for use in their product lines. Our distinctive headstock is just another one of our developments that has set a new standard of popularity among guitarists and bassists world wide."

And from the 1990-91 catalog:

"Jackson/Charvel electric guitars and basses have set standards for creative innovation and unparalleled quality around the globe...More and more players have come to recognize that we're continually introducing new design and electronics concepts that constitute genuine advances in the science and art of guitar manufacture, not just whistles and bells...We've been borrowed from, copied, and out right ripped off by the biggest names in the business ever since the first Charvels hit the market. Are we flattered? Sure. Surprised? Not at all, we know a great innovation when we see one..."
                        Thank you that was educational!

I just have one question, i know my original post has thrown a couple of people off, but I was speaking of Jackson and Charvel as two seperate entities, as they were in the beginning so besides that, in that same reign, who was actually the innovator Wayne Charvel or Grover Jackson? Or should i say the more influential innovator.

Comment

Randy Rhoads always referred to his Jacksons as "Charvels." I would argue that Grover was more of a design innovater than Wayne. Wayne is a fine builder but Grover eclipsed him.
                          "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                          Gotta get away from here.
                          Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                          Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by guitarnut1980 View Post
                            Wasn't there a stealth model that was sort of modeled to that description or maybe the soloist superlight.
                            The Stealth did indeed have a slimmer body, like that of an Ibanez Sabre/S Series. The SLS (Superlight Soloist) also has a thinner body.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

See now i'm not completely oblivious, I just worded some things wrong originaly, like before, I would love to learn more about the Jackson/Charvel line, well other than what I already know.

Comment

Jackson and Charvel were never two separate entities back then.

Grover put his name on Randy's custom Concorde, to paraphrase Grover's own words from an interview I read way back when, "because it was such a radical design, and if it was a flop, no one could tie it to the Charvel name".

Today, Charvel is a separate entity under Fender, just like Gretsch or Guild.

While they're still "roommates" with Jackson, I wouldn't be surprised if FMIC moved Charvel into their own building. Maybe the old GMP place?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the "Soloist" name first applied to a single-hum Charvel Strat, being that all it had was a "lead" pickup (giving the nod to Gibson's toggle switch rings being marked for "Rhythm" and "Treble" or "Rhythm" and "Lead"), and hence, only being good for solos?

Thought I read that somewhere once years ago.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X