convince me about jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• convince me about jackson

i have recently acquired a prs singlecut trem, a 10 top 20th anniversary version. basically it's a standard singlecut trem, and it totally changed my guitar playing experience... when i first played it, unplugged, i felt the huge resonance from the body, which never happened with my jacksons/ibanez/carvin... i simply felt my body shaking with that chunk of wood... plugged into my engl 530, just using the built-in 1.5w x 2 power amp, the tone is super thick and punchy, i doubt if i need to upgrade to a real power amp....

well, it made me think... i have owned a jackson sl1, an RR1T, sold both sometime ago, simply because i hear no clear superiority in tone compared to my cheap carvin dc127 (ebony board, split coil for both humbuckers, neck thru, all for 300 dollars)....it's like i can't justify the fact that i have to pay 1 grand for a jackson usa...

what's wrong here? don't get me wrong, i love jacksons, otherwise i wouldn't be here...

Say what? Your chunky body started shaking after you felt your wood?!? TMI

Comment

Well, if you can't justify it in yourself, then you've already made up your mind that we can't convince you either.

Go with what you like. Your happiness comes first. If a $300 Carvin is high enough quality for you, then that's all that matters.

We're not here to recruit for Jackson. Jackson's philosophy has always been "We don't pay 'em, they just play 'em."

That extends beyond the endorsed artist issue.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Jacksons aren't any better than those other brands, just different. Each individual guitar is also different. If the PRS does it for you, then stick with it.

I haven't found a one favorite guitar like that yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
          Well, if you can't justify it in yourself, then you've already made up your mind that we can't convince you either.

Go with what you like. Your happiness comes first. If a $300 Carvin is high enough quality for you, then that's all that matters.

We're not here to recruit for Jackson. Jackson's philosophy has always been "We don't pay 'em, they just play 'em."

This man is wise.
          I +1 his comment

Comment

Please sell your Jacksons so they'll no longer a burden on you and get as many PRS as you can. We will be more than happy to continue to play our Jacksons.

Comment

Whatever works for you! If you've found the 'perfect fit' then congrats! We're all not heart-broken it wasn't a jackson. Just don't count count em out in the future...musical taste changes (sometimes haha)

Comment

That about sums it up for me.The only PRS that does it for me is my $200.00 PRS SE standard.I have had a real deal custom 22 and 24 and I didn't see what the hub bub was all about.A bit over priced for a CNC made guitar.JMO
                The vibration thing I understand where your coming from.Hell my model 2 mutt has that quality about it after 30 min you have to put it down it vibrates hard enough to make you sore.
                Last edited by straycat; 06-03-2008, 01:38 AM.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I'm not going to convince you if your mind is already made up. However, I do believe there is nothing that compares to a USA Jackson and thats why I own many of them. I have a few guitars by other brands such as ESP, Ibanez, Gibson, Fender, Ernie Ball but the Jackson/Charvels that I have are a better value for the money, sound as good if not better than the others, and play twice as good! PRS makes some nice stuff but they're not that great in the looks dept. and their higher end stuff is too expensive.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I only like Gibson and Jackson / Charvel. I don't think I've even touched a PRS. It just doesn't scream "METAL" to me.

I won't be going to a PRS or Fender forum asking them to convince me to buy one of their makes - I'm a metal head and I've made my mind up.

The few exceptions:

I'd like a Dave Murray Strat (black, maple, SuperD's, Floyded).
                    I'd like a BC Rich or two (old Gunslingers).
                    Carvin? Never tried, not opposed to it, but am I really going to play it when I have a Bengal SL2H?
                    ESP - I really like the older ones (before LTD). Neck thru's only (M-1 Custom). I need to get mine painted and finished.

Comment

+1 on that RD...that is one ugly joint. I play Jacksons for the necks, I just feel at home on them. I used Les Pauls for the huge sound but the neck makes you work. Never been a huge PRS fan...but to each his own. Carvins are ok, but don't have the neck feel that I like. Try a super high end soloist, it might change your mind....I know mine did. The playability plus the huge tone, awesome. They just tend to make your wallet lighter and the wife madder, but without regrets. Hell, next year I may have my Pablo paid off! I love 0% interest!!!!!
                      www.JerryRobison.com
                      '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

That's better than this neck heel:

But he's talking about a Singlecut, anyway. Which is like an LP. Anybody playing one of those isn't concerned about a sleek neck heel. If that's what you want, play a Schecter. Or an Alvarez Scoop.

Carvin's new CS will smoke any PRS (well, with some new pickups, of course), and you can get it with a Floyd. For less than 10 grand, I mean.
                        please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Originally posted by RD
                          another reason....

That is FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ROTF::ROTF::ROTF:

It's all personal man... Just like any 'best', it's all subjective... For example, I can't stand the ugly shape of an Ibanez... The next guy may think it's the sweetest thing in the world... ask 10 different guys who the 'best' guitar player is, I bet you get 10 different answers... What you like is what you like... we won't hold it against you...
                          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I see nothing wrong with the PRS neckjoint, nor that of a Les Paul. I have not discovered this amazing benefit everyone seems to think Jackson's neckthrough heel (or lack thereof) provides, nor have I been hampered by what everyone refers to a a "bulky" neck heel on my LP Standard or any other guitar.

What are you guys doing, gripping the neck like a baseball bat, or a fat tit?

Play with your fingers, not your palm. It's the opposite of jerking off.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Never had an issue with neck joints. I have a USA neck-through jackson, an Ibanez with the all access neck joint and an import DK2M with the bulky heel so my guitars cover almost the whole spectrum of heels and they are all as easy to play as each other.
                              Then again, i'm very easy to please when it comes to guitars, as long as it's got strings on it, i'm gonna play it.

Comment

Working...
                              X