DK1 Vs SLH2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 Vs SLH2

today i was at guitar center playing a 1974 lp custom. One of the guys there that im friends with me says he just got in this used DK1 and i should try it out. I agree and he brings it over. Mind condition not a single scratch. Black Snakeskin finish. This thing was a beast. I loved it, it was tuned down to drop c and even thru a line 6 spider it sounded epic. 1300 bucks, sadly im broke otherwised i woulda bought it.

The question was whats the difference between that and a SLH2? just the neck joint and pickups?

The biggest difference between the 2 is obviously the DK1 is a bolt on , and the SL2 a neck through, DK1's neck is thinner and unfinished while the SL2 is slightly larger and painted. DK1 has EMG's SL2 Duncans. The SL2 has also a slightly longer body if im not mistaken. I like the DK1

Comment

Also, the SL2H has duncans in it, where the DK1 has the EMG's. (as you mentioned)

Never seen a black snakeskin DK1....would love to see pics. Which GC was this?
      "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

Not all DK1s had dual EMGs. Older ones were H-S-S, though if he's comparing it to an SL2H, I'm guessing the Dinky had 2 hums?

Anyhoo, another major difference - base price, as well the neckthrough will have a darker tone.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The height of the fingerboard is higher on a bolt-on. The neck is natural. Neckthrus generally have painted necks and the fingerboard is much closer to the body top. That's what it seemed to me when comparing my WR1 to my (ex-)WRMG.
          Last edited by wilkinsi; 05-31-2008, 04:44 PM.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by stevoc View Post
            Also, the SL2H has duncans in it, where the DK1 has the EMG's. (as you mentioned)

Never seen a black snakeskin DK1....would love to see pics. Which GC was this?

rochester,NY

and ya it had an emg 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck

Comment

I have an SL2H, and i have to say, having both bolt-on and neck-thru guitars, it's preference. They are both awesome guitars, but what are you looking for? Active electronics, brighter tone, neck feel, etc. Try em both! Buy em both!

Comment

Working...
              X