Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinkys at Guitar Center

Hi Guys,
    Anybody have a good reason why ALL the used Dinkys at Guitar Center are only in the $400.00 to $600.00 range. Are none of these USA DK1 models. Makes me wonder if the boneheads behind the counter know what they are doing, and maybe they might post a USA Dinky for only $400.00

Is there a name difference between the USA DK1 and a Dinky. Are there not three versions of a Dinky, a USA, a Japanese, and India. Or is the name Dinky only a Jackson import.

Thanks,

Laars

From what I've seen, GC is pretty loose with the term "Dinky", they could have generically called anything from the JS or MG or Pro or Select series as a "Dinky" as Jackson uses that too across the product lines.

GC could have dropped prices if a guitar was modded or dinged or something but for a USA DK1 that price seems pretty low.
    Jackson KV2
    Jackson KE1T
    Jackson KE1F
    Jackson SL1

Comment

The name "Dinky" refers to the body shape.
      Jackson has 6 guitar lines that have "Dinky" body styles.
      Starting from cheapest:
      JS(India or Korea)
      X(Korea or Japan)
      MG(Japan)
      Pro (Japan)
      Pro Artist (Japan)
      Select (USA)
      Country of origin varies as production of certain models have shifted from one country to another over time.

I know someone here probably has a more accurate country of origin chart for each line, but these are from my own experiences.

A $400 "Dinky" at GC is most likely an X or MG series or a damaged Pro series.
      -Rick

Comment

The "Boneheads" at GC...sell 300 of these $400.00 Jacksons...
        if they carried the $1100.00 ones...they would only sell about 20
        of them! Kids dont have any money!

Comment

Hi Robert,
          I didnt mean to offend you about the people who work at GC. I used the term "bonehead" because the few times I've gone into GC the employees I have had to deal with no nothing about the guitars or amps they are selling. There is more to guitars and amps then a Ibanez guitar through a line 6 amp. Because of that, I question if they would know the difference between a Jackson from India or a USA model. Which means one could possibly get a $1500.00 Jackson at $400.00 because of there mistake.

As far as selling guitars, kids might not have money, but adults do. Since guitar center doesnt seem to have a problem selling Gibsons, they should be able to sell USA Jacksons too, not just the cheep ones.

Adult toys...... My main amp rig...... Mesa Stiletto, Dual Rect, and a LoneStar. My guitars are a 1984 Jackson soloist, a USA DK1 Select, 3 Les Pauls, 1 Les Paul Jr, 2 Fender strats, 1 Fender tele, and a G&L Legacy Deluxe... These could have been bought at GC if they had a clue what they are doing.

Last edited by Laars; 05-31-2008, 08:30 PM.

Comment

they did not have any usa one's in the michigan store i was at
            EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
            1959Epiphone les paul
            george L cables
            mxr pedals
            Engl fireball 100

Comment

Quote: "I used the term "bonehead" because the few times I've gone into GC the employees I have had to deal with no nothing about the guitars or amps they are selling."

I do most of my shopping @ guitar center because of the price, you can check other online stores and they will match the price. There was a guy that was working in accessories that says he just got off of tour and couldn't even tell a young girl how to string a guitar (So I helped her) Maybe this guy played the cowbell. Why is it that everyone at GC just got off of tour?

Comment

Working...
              X