Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson RR2 price and opinion

Hey guys,
    I have just stumbled across one of these used in black. Very good condition except a couple of tiny dings here and there and was wondering about your opinions on them. How do they stack up to other USA models? I have an RR1 and an SL2h, so I was just wondering how these compare. I'm thinking of it as possibly a refinish job for something cool, but I want to make sure it's a decent guitar to begin with before I put anymore money into it. Also, he wants $650 Canadian for it? Would that be a decent price? Any info would be greatly appreciated as I couldn't find much around here about em aside from specs.
    Thanks!

I think that 650 canadian bucks-great price for every USA made jackson.RR-2 great guitar(I have no idea why Jackson stopped production of this guitar),it sounds like dk1.I think you should buy it By the way in what year it was made?
    '94 KV PCS
    '99 KV-2 Camo
    '01 KV-2 Black Ghost Flames
    '93 Grover Jackson Kelly Custom

Comment

They were decent guitars, if you like a bolt-on Rhoads. Ebony board with no inlays, just import hardware (JT-580LP bridge) and Armstrong pickups. Sounds like a good price. I thought they had black neck binding, but I can't recall now. Made in 1997.
      http://audiozone.dk/cm/displayimage.php?album=54&pos=7
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

a buddy was selling an RR2 here in MI for $400, loaded with EMG 81/85. nice shape, one ding. not my kinda guitar though.

Comment

They're usually a lot of bang for your buck. Very good guitars, especially if the PUs and/or Floyd are swapped out.

Comment

I had a blue RR2 for a couple of years. It didn't have any of the balance issues that some folks encounter with bolt-on "pointies" and was a great player. No complaints here, but considering the current American/Canadian exchange rate, $650 CAN sounds a bit high if it has dings. They are unique guitars though (especially the blank ebony board), so if it's worth $650 to you, go for it.
            sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's for me. I love my neck-thru's! Thanks for all of the opinions. If I decide to pick it up I'll post pics.

Comment

Working...
              X