Show us your warbirds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show us your warbirds!

I've been sitting here watching "The Longest Day" on Memorial Day, and I find that I would really like to see pics of some nice warbirds.

Show 'em if you've got 'em!

The original with the original:
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

This is going to be one of those threads that give me GAS pains
      http://www.reverbnation.com/#/themightypragmatics

Comment

You'll have to wait until it gets here

Joe - anyone ever track down that exact guitar?
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Matt, not sure. No one is completely sure which one that is. Funny thing though, in the catalog the logo is NOT mother of pearl on that Warbird I. What was the one you had? I saw you're getting another! Cool guitars for sure, and a fairly rare graphic even though it was a standard USA finish for Soloists, Fusions, Rhoads, and other Customs.

Comment

I had the "Pearl Harbor" variant. I've only seen two.

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

It's been a while since I looked at the 90/91 catalog, but there are 3 different Warbirds in it:

Blonde pinup:

2 different redheads:

Comment

And isn't it unusual that the Warrior in the main layout there has a painted logo and not MOP? Plus, the board looks like it could be rosewood, no?

Comment

Great guitars...I want one, but I know I won't get around to it....soloist first, then a strat/les paul (maybe both), then house/car......argh!!

Comment

Will be a while before I get another Warrior, let alone one of these. Dumbass payroll team fucking with my wages.
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      And isn't it unusual that the Warrior in the main layout there has a painted logo and not MOP? Plus, the board looks like it could be rosewood, no?
                      I've seen many photos of ebony boards where it looks like rosewood. Something to do with the flash/flood light.

As for the logo, you have to remember the limitations of 4-color offset printing do not always allow for accurate representation of materials that have subtle changes in color such as mother of pearl, particularly if that's not the main focus of the printing job.

Comment

True, Matt. But in that catalog, every Production USA shown has the MOP logo, and they even mention it in the specs section of each model. So we know at least one Warrior from that time had a painted logo.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          I think the logo may still be MOP, my Warbird has a MOP logo that has the black lines in the middle of the letters the same as on the painted logos, although again I think in this picture you still can't tell. I'll try and get a better angle.

By the way, on mine, Does anyone think the little USAF star on the trus rod cover is likely to be original or was it something the original owner put on from a model aircraft kit?

Last edited by Metal Messiah; 05-29-2008, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Actually the girl on mine is exactly like the one in the catalogue, I didn't realise there were so many variations.

Comment

MM - Interesting logo. I've only seen that on a Custom Shop Soloist I had. Is yours a Warrior?

[edit] nevermind - you posted the second pic when I was typing

The truss rod thing would have to have been added later, but then again, as with that logo, you just never know.
                              Last edited by Newc; 05-29-2008, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X