Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any JRS-1 users here?

Hi,

I own a Jackson JRS-1 (made in USA) and I like this model very much.
    It has a very comfortable neck shape that´s feeling great.It´s very easy to play.I like the sound too.
    This model is pictured on side 3 of the 1996 Jackson catalog.
    What´s curious about mine is that it has a rosewood fingerboard and a SD SH-4 pickup instead of a maple fingerboard and a SD pearly gates HB.
    Does anybody know the specs of the neck shape and if mine was a special edition.
    serial no. 003443
    colour-see through black

regards
    Hotriff
    Guitars: Jackson KE-1, JRS-1, SL-1 / Charvel 750XL / Gibson Les Paul Standard

Comment

Originally posted by destructin_od View Post

Agreed!!!

Comment

So this is the 3rd time I'm entering this thread hoping to see some pics but no luck.. Worthless thread
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Not sure about the pickups, but they were available with either maple or rosewood boards. I really wish they offered the trans ivory and black finishes over ash on other models.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
            Not sure about the pickups, but they were available with either maple or rosewood boards. I really wish they offered the trans ivory and black finishes over ash on other models.
            I thought the import JRS-2 was available with both maple and rosewood. Was the USA JRS-1 available with both as well?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Hi

sorry I´m not able to add attachments
              I would like to show you some pics if I could

@toejam
              I agree with you.As I know only the JRS-2 was available with rosewood fingerboard.That´s why I´m so curious about mine.

regards
              Hotriff

Comment

I know there were USA Custom Shop models painted by a famous artist Max, but I believe they had ebony boards. Jackson has done some strange things in the past that weren't in catalogs, and sometimes catalog specs were also incorrect, so anything's possible.

As for posting pics, just right click on the photo from whatever site you have it hosted on, then just paste it here.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

so here´s a link with some pics
                  hope it works

http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/l..._0289small.jpg

Comment

JRS-1 - they were available in both maple and rosewood boards...maple boards typically were the exception rather than the rule... I think that is pretty common with most Jacksons. That said, I have one of these in electric blue with rosewood board... great neck. Much better than the JRS-2, but the bodies are identical for the most part. The USA necks feel much more comfortable in contour IMO, wider, flatter radius. I have a JRS-2 as well, but I replaced the neck with an ebony board... I forget the model now.. early MOP jackson logo from a MIJ... Stealth? that sounds right.
                    That said, the wilks on these are a little troublesome with the angled headstock, but it will hold reasonable tune, just have to know its quirks once dialed in. It also has a JB..not sure if it is stock but it seems reasonable since alot of USA Jackson's came loaded with them.
                    Last edited by charvelguy; 01-10-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X