Pablo shaving a Soloist Arch Top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pablo shaving a Soloist Arch Top

I forgot I had these pics - I just found them again Can't remember where I got 'em in the first place.

Click picture to see more of the process. It's pretty cool:

Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Awesome!
    Guitars:
    '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
    '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
    '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
    Amp:
    VOX AD30VT

Comment

What kind of bit does he have on that dremel?

I do it the old school way, with a rasp and a handful
      of files and sandpaper.

Comment

Is that just.... rosewood? Ewww

And I HAVE to get a dremel. Really.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

It sure was nice when Jackson posted those kinds of pics in the custom shop gallery on theor website.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            It sure was nice when Jackson posted those kinds of pics in the custom shop gallery on theor website.
            No time for that anymore!! Gotta hurry up, and get them into the shipping department, for 7 months of "R&R" !!

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
              +1. I hope i'm not going beyond the bounds of propriety by reviving those pics.
              Henrik

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
                +1. I hope i'm not going beyond the bounds of propriety by reviving those pics.
                Nahh...
                Keep 'em coming!
                I'm not feeling improprioritized, at all!

Oh, but then I don't represent Jackson, either...

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                  Nahh...
                  Keep 'em coming!
                  I'm not feeling improprioritized, at all!

Oh, but then I don't represent Jackson, either...
                  Me neither. Keep 'em coming.

I love that one. Hand shaping with a modern tool. He could have CNC'd that one, but something cool about doing it by hand.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Wow, that is cool! Thanks for sharing those. I always wondered what process Jackson used for that.

Comment

I don't get the Dremel part. To me, it seems unnecessary. Going from the router to the band sander directly would be more efficient, don't you think? The sander is capable of removing the whole top with a blink of an eye, if you're not careful.
                      Henrik

Comment

Can't remember where I got 'em in the first place.
                        belongs to someone hear, i think the guitar ended up being white. we were arguing whether or not it was an arch top or if the guitar had huge bevels..... i think.
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Cool pic into the process.
                          I had no idea they'd use that sorta method to arch a top.

You know it's gonna look awesome with a seven piece neck and the arch top!
                          Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                          Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

I don't get the Dremel part. To me, it seems unnecessary. Going from the router to the band sander directly would be more efficient, don't you think? The sander is capable of removing the whole top with a blink of an eye, if you're not careful.
                            Seems to me it would be more efficient too. I dunno, Maybe he's using the dremel to make the top more precise before sanding?

Comment

you should see the other picture where hes garroting down the tree with an used d'addario 9

Comment

Working...
                              X