My new sl2h-mah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new sl2h-mah

Well, I went to the folks for Christmas and while the females were out shopping I decided to go check out the local guitar store as they still carry some nice guitars. Poking around I saw a sl2h-mah hanging on the wall they didn't used to have. Turns out they recently sold to new owners and while doing inventory found this in the back, it had never even been prepped for store display. They decided since it was old to put it out on closeout and get rid of it. I of course jumped on it. Normally I'm a short scale only kind of guy but man does this thing play and sound great!! They have one in black as well, sl2h I think, but it was more money and I prefer the natural finishes. According to the sales rep they have been on the closeout rack for a couple months but they have had no interest in them.

Wow, that was a lucky find. Strange story too. Enjoy the guitar, looks beautiful from here.

Comment

Awesome...congratz!!!

I love my SL2H.
      sigpic

Comment

that looks pretty nice! cool find!

Comment

Nice. How much is the other guitar?
          Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

Nice axe, and I love reading the backstory, too. Was the black one solid black or Trans Black/Flametop?

Comment

yea really nice find.. the natural finish looks great. im surprised that guitar had no intrest in it.. oh well better for you . congrats

Comment

Originally posted by shreder13 View Post
                Nice. How much is the other guitar?
                The other one was around 1800.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
                  Nice axe, and I love reading the backstory, too. Was the black one solid black or Trans Black/Flametop?
                  I'm pretty sure it was solid black but not 100%. It played as nice, I just liked the natural finish better.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm pretty stoked about this one. Believe it or not, this is the first new guitar I've ever purchased. All my others have been used, just worked out that way I guess.

Comment

Love that one, nice score! SL2H Mahogany's are very cool looking.

Comment

Great score of the year. Not easy to find a nice one like that in a music store!
                        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                          Great score of the year. Not easy to find a nice one like that in a music store!
                          That's true..
                          sigpic

Comment

That beauty got buried in the back? Sheesh. Congrats on your score, that guitar is gorgeous.

Comment

Nice!!! Lucky find!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X