Next jackson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next jackson!

After my KV2 purchase i'm deffinently a jackson love. and even though i won't be getting another guitar for a while im already thinkin about my next jackson. Which do you guys think i should get? if it's another KV it will prolly end up being a backup to my BGF so in standard E tuning and if it's a RR or soloist it will prolly be in drop c

So Black SL2H, KV2 in ferrari red (used) black ghost flames trans black or black and gold pin stripes or a RR snow white black bevels or ferrari red w/black bevels

IF you have pics of the guitars in those finish post em up please!! and which would you go for?!

If you are looking for a backup and want to do weird tunings on it, then get a string-thru.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jackson-RR1-Rand...QQcmdZViewItem

there used to be one that was even cheaper, but I can't find it now
    -Adam

Comment

If it was me I'd go for an RR1T (string-thru). They're different enough from KVs to warrant owning both, and variety is good.

I don't think I could justify owning two of the exact same guitar, even if they were uber-cheap.

Comment

anyone else?

Comment

That's hard one. They are all great. A Soloist will get you the traditional shape with great sound. If you are a Floyd user go with it. If not and like the fact of not jacking with tuning a Floyd, go for the string through. If you want cool sustain effects and "LP" like tone (Mah/Maple), go with a PC1, which is quite popular here. If you can, and I know it's difficult try to play each one. If not do your research and make a best guess. I have one or 2 of each model and I aquired them sight unseen or even played. You can't go wrong. (Disclaimer, now I know there were some quality issue's over the years and I myself was a victim, but they were all corrected) But in general they are all great.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I'd get a soloist but in any color except black. Black is boring and you already have a KV2 with a HUGE case, a soloist will be more portable.

Comment

Originally posted by thetroy View Post
              I'd get a soloist but in any color except black. Black is boring and you already have a KV2 with a HUGE case, a soloist will be more portable.
              Racist! =)

-Nate
              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

I'd say a Soloist possibly. But Im an avid RR1 fan (block the bridge and you're good for alternate tunigs). Go with cool colours, Jackson has got some of the coolest finish options, get something unique.

Comment

I personally think everyone should have a soloist. They are amazing guitars. And I would go with some color or graphic. Here's one of my soloists that I picked up earlier this year.

Comment

Get a black soloist with EMGS and a Kahler!! Lol!
                    I love admins!

Comment

Can't go wrong with an SL2H. I bought my snakeskin off of a member here a few years ago and it's my favorite guitar (well until I got a Charvel 750, that's a close one now!). Next on my wish list is an SL2HT. That all black one looks bad ass Nate. Of course so does that graveyard scene.

Comment

soloists are great. everyone should have at least one. i still regret selling mine, that someone had ordered with a custom sized neck.

Comment

Unless you need a trem, go for a fixed bridge. That way, you could back up your guitars in various tunings fairly quickly. As for the body style, it depends on what you want. If you want a 2-HB guitar, any of the ones you mentioned would work. But if you want a single-coil at the neck, a Soloist is probably what you'll be looking at.

I do have an RR5 in white with black pins and gold hardware that looks pretty sharp. I don't have any pictures of mine but there are plenty of images on the 'net.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

hmm so far im leaning to a blocked floyd soloist, i get the ability to stay in tune for a long ass time. easy string changes. and no pointy points (my kv bottom point has like 3 chips in it so I wrapped it in electric tape, the black kind)

Comment

Working...
                            X