1990 Warrior Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Warrior Pro

Hey all..is this worth $900? Some light damage to the wings which have been touched up. Frets and everything else are supposed to be in very good condition. Comes with case. I have major gas for it!!

Your question should be in the Import Jackson section as the Pros are from Japan.

Looks like the body has been modified to remove the original side-by-side single coil bridge pickups and install what looks like an EMG & mounting ring. Also the original Jackson JE-1500 electronics are probably gone (the toggle switch for the electronics is the thing below the pickup selector, but I don't see the toggle sticking out, so that's either broken off or he put a plug or something there).

It seems the Pros have been going for $800-$900 lately, so if the pickup change is a positive for you, then probably worth it.

Which case comes with it, a plastic molded one or the older 'wood' type? The older cases seem to have the headstock tip right up next to the end of the case and these get broken headstocks a lot when shipped, so hopefully this is a local pickup for you.

Warrior Pro catalog page:
    http://audiozone.dk/cm/albums/jc-cat...0-1/Page40.jpg

Comment

Thanks

Thanks MD. For some reason I thought it was a USA model...couldn't make out the writing on the headstock.

Maybe the Mods can move this post..

Comment

Originally posted by MountainDog View Post
        Looks like the body has been modified to remove the original side-by-side single coil bridge pickups and install what looks like an EMG & mounting ring.
        Dang, is that even possible to do without filling and routing and refinishing?!?

Comment

Yes it can be done without refilling the pup spot My warrior Pro looks alot like this 1, as for 900.00 I would say more like 700-800 at most.
          According To The Prophecy

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
            Thanks MD. For some reason I thought it was a USA model...couldn't make out the writing on the headstock.
            Glad to help! Does the fact it isn't USA deflate your 'major gas' for it?

The stock pickups and electronics don't sound that great anyway, and with the work done to fit the EMG bridge pickup, you'd have the option of dropping in a Duncan or Dimarzio if you didn't like the EMGs, so the mod could be considered a plus if you like the way it looks.

The seller is probably saying the EMG pickups add value to the guitar, but you could counter that the guitar had to be routed/mod'd a little to fit them, therefore negating the 'extra value'. Try offering him the $700 Drake S. mentions...

Back in the day when I liked EMG's, I dropped an EMG85 in my Warrior Pro, but cut the 'ears' of the pickup to make it fit, so I didn't touch the body of the guitar:
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...arriorEMG1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...arriorEMG2.jpg

Comment

& if your not gonna buy it pass it on to a fellow JCF brother who might want it. Well nobody else said it
              I don't know about you guys but I can use another Warrior Pro.

Comment

That slanted cut at the end of the fretboard with the slanted single coil looks sharp. I wouldn't argue about the price too much.

Comment

Very nice Warrior Pro. At 900 bucks, I'd have it.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Its

Its listed on the Chicago Craig's List. I was gonna drive there this weekend...but yeah...I really want a USA model.

Comment

This is Joel D.'s guitar. He's also got a Lightning Sky RR1-T on Chicago's Craigslist as well. Having seen Joel's guitars up close I'm sure it is worth the $900.

Comment

If it's Drabicki then Yeah I'ld say the same it's worth it he keeps his stuff in top shape.

Comment

Originally posted by mustaine-who? View Post
                          Its listed on the Chicago Craig's List. I was gonna drive there this weekend...but yeah...I really want a USA model.
                          Those early Warrior Pros are just as nice as a USA and is easily worth $900. Good luck finding a USA Warrior for under $1500.
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Especially a white one.

I owned a Red Pearl Pro and a Warbird USA at the same time, and the only difference I could detect between the two was the neck profile on the Pro seemed just a hair thicker, though it could have been the paint. It wasn't a case of one being easier to play than the other, or more/less comfortable, just a slightly noticeable difference.

Having owned several other Warrior Pros over the years since then, $900 with the case is well worth it.

And yeah, if it comes with the original case, drive there to get it, as they suck for shipping no matter how well they're packed. They just were not designed well.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                            X