CS 7-string Demon over on ss.org...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS 7-string Demon over on ss.org...

Just in case not everyone here reads that forum, someone on SS has just got a 7-string Demon in shocking yellow. Seriously CS, down to the inlays. Good pictures:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/sev...ossession.html

PS Smurf hat haters, don't bother looking!

I saw that one on the guitar asylum website - I like Demons but that one doesn't do it for me...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

That's Sholomance here, I believe.

I love the pic with "Jesus says 'That guitar is so sool, it hurts me right here' "
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

that is one shitty looking board.......... the grainiest ebony i have ever seen.
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Wow! I've never seen that body shape before. How long have Demons been around? That finish looks great with it, too. And the inlays! Damn.

Comment

That is a sexy ass guitar!!
            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

The Jackson Demon was around at least since 1990. It was loosely based on an Ibanez model (Skolneck's?) from a few years before...
              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
              Gotta get away from here.
              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but ofcourse I'm kinda biased

<-----------
                Last edited by Mikernaut2; 11-26-2007, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Yeah, that would be me. Didn't have time to post it on here last night but I reckon you guys can check out the post over there. The fretboard is certainly nicer looking in person. The pics make it look a little dry and lighter in color but its really fairly dark, smooth & polished when you see it up close. However, it does look slightly odd, almost like wenge or something more exotic. The inlays have a lot more color than is indicated too. I'm really glad I ordered this one. It might be my last CS Jackson given the price increases since ordering this, but it turned out exceptionally well and I don't feel the wait on this one was too far out of line.

Scott
                  Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Originally posted by Scholomance View Post
                    Yeah, that would be me.
                    I owe you an apology Scott. I didn't mean to steal your thunder by posting a link to the thread on ss.org. Sorry. Please don't let it stop you showing off pictures of the guitar here.

Congratulations on the Demon. It looks fantastically unique. A real CS piece. How did you spec out the fretboard inlays? That must have been difficult to explain before the build...

Cheers,

Ken

Comment

I just love the paint.

I'll call it "metallic banana of death". :ROTF:
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Those inlays are insane. I just love the flames! absolutly beautiful!
                        "Don't mess with the Pudel of Death!"

Comment

Awesome! I'm not a seven-stringer myself, but the inlays and headstock are fantastic. If I was getting a Demon, I'd probably get a reverse headstock just in keeping with the whole theme, but that's just me.

The inlay work is superb. Much better than the flames I've seen on other Jacksons, and far less obnoxious than some of the Deans and ESPs I've seen where there is more inlay (usually plastic) than wood on the fretboard.
                          sigpic

Comment

didn't show it off here first.....shame shame.....
                            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

The inlays have been done before but these are the first abalone ones I've seen. I think they were either designed by Mike Learn or Pablo, or both. If I remember, it stated who designed them in the picture gallery that Jackson took down. The others were done in the colored inlay material. I've seen orange and green. The inlays are super tight. There's only one hairline area along one fret where they don't look like they're practically growing out of the binding. I would love to order another one of these with the older style flames someday.

The paint is kind of a banana yellow! What I really wanted was sort of an Ibanez desert yellow, but metallic or pearl. It is the most unusual yellow I've seen because it looks both finely metallic and pearlescent at the same time and yet can look like it has no sparkle at all in some lighting, and then it looks just super bright. In some pics it looks a bit gold, but its not at all.

And yeah, I should've posted here first but I've been totally immersed in extra strings lately! I'll try to post some JCF exclusive pics!

Scott
                              Looking for un-molested slant fretboard early USA & Pro Warriors!

Comment

Working...
                              X