Rhoads Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhoads Custom Shop?

Before I ask this, I do realise that on a Custom Rhoads back in the late 80's and early 90's nearly anything a customer wanted was available.

I'm looking at a Rhoads for sale that is apparently from 1989, RR2513 which can kind of be made out in one picture. It has a black face with blue bevels as well as a blue Jackson logo, but doesn't have made in USA on the headstock. It also seems that the entire back of the guitar including neck and back of the headstock is grey.

Is it likely that someone would order a guitar this way, or am I looking at a refin, and possibly even a Professional series with the modified serial # stamped into the last fret?

I haven't seen a Custom Shop Rhoads without USA on it yet, however I'm certainly no expert at this, so any help from those that are in the know would be great.

There were some USAs without the "Made In USA" on the headstock.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I believe you could've asked to have the "made in the USA" removed, you still can these days. Maybe he did. When I was thinking about a custom Jackson before they went nuts, I was kinda determined on just having the Jackson logo.
      Last edited by LEOKV2; 11-24-2007, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I shoulda stamped "Made in Canada" on my project neck-through RR

of course it has no serial number (till i make one up, and find some stamping equipment that works well on black-painted-rosewood) but.....
        "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
        The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

I had RR2507 without made in U.S.A. It seems that they made a little batch without that text in 1989. Seems the real thing so buy it away

My RR2915 doesn´t have made in U.S.A. text...and I know that RR2914 doesn´t have it either

Comment

Working...
          X