SL1 pickup question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL1 pickup question....

One of the guitars I have is a Soloist Archtop Pro with an EMG 85 in the bridge and an 81 in the neck, and LOVE the sound of it! The mahogany body and thick maple cap may help.

I just bought a really nice trans green SL1 (won't be here for a few weeks yet), with a SD Blackout in the bridge, and no pickups to speak of in the neck and mid.

I'm looking for a similar sound to the EMG 81 in the neck of the ATPro, but from a single pickup size in the SL1. I find most single pickups, including EMG S, SA, to be weak, so I'll probably have to go to single coil sized humbucker passives.
    I have SA's and an 81 in my Charvel 650xl, and don't like the neck pickup sound at all!

I haven't heard a Blackout yet, but very likely will change the bridge pickup to a passive as well. I was thinking Dimarzio Evolution, Breed or ?

Any suggestions or ideas??????? Particularly for the neck????

i have in my soloist pro 92' Duncan Hot Rails in the neck - the most hot hum-single you'll find, and Dimarzio Tone-Zone in the bridge - big fat sound, plenty of bass & mids, fat highs.

i like it
    Don't drink & drive if you can smoke & fly!!!

Comment

Hey thanks!

At least someone has something other than the original pickups in there!

I'll check those out!

Comment

Hot Rails in the neck over here too.

Comment

Working...
        X