Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what if I change the hardware on my ltd SL2H Chlorine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what if I change the hardware on my ltd SL2H Chlorine?

Ok I have this limited edition sl2h chlorine and I'm loving it. But the problem is I guess I don't like the hardware on it. I'm not a collector, I'm a player and I bought this guitar with the intention of playing it live on stage and I don't want to play with a guitar that I don't think looks nice.

No offense for the gold hardware fans but imo gold hardware looks kinda ghey I only play metal and the gold hardware is not metal enough I don't think it sucks that much on a chlorine finish, since there seems to be a contrast and makes the finish look more shiny But I'm still not ok with it I guess.

My dilemma is, should I change the hardware and make it look a little better or should I not spoil its originality and leave it stock? What would you guys do? Basically I can't decide if I dislike the gold hardware as much to change it to chrome and make the guitar lose her limited edition features

Here are a couple of pics btw

Yeah go with chrome hardware, will be much more metal
    17.95%
    It looks nice keep it this way
    38.46%
    Sell it and buy something else
    17.95%
    Go with black hardware
    25.64%
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

1- Thats a stunning guitar.

2- Leave the gold hardware. It really suits it. Silver looks cheap IMO and black wouldnt look right. Gold is plenty metal.

3- Give it to me!
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

My opinion is sell it and buy something else. It is a beautiful guitar as is, although I think the chlorine blue finish is not very "metal" no matter what color hardware it may have on it.

If it is a "metal" look you are after, maybe a solid black soloist would suit you better. Again, just my opinion.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

leave it! Consider it a metal sleeper. People will know it's metal when they here those EMGs

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
          I think the chlorine blue finish is not very "metal" no matter what color hardware it may have on it.
          Well I was thinking about putting this as an option to the poll but while I was posting it I couldn't remember the 4th option I was thinking about and threw in the black hardware option

I already have black guitars so I just want it to be a bit more metal. I wouldn't go with a black soloist I mean. Besides it won't be bling like it's on the pics since it's exposed to a considerable amount of sunlight My eds kelly looks black most of the time on stage so I think this will kinda be the same way too but the gold hardware will still show up and I can't decide
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I'm not a huge fan of gold harware. On certain guitars it looks ok. If you like the guitar and want to keep it, I say to swap the gold for chrome.

Comment

Originally posted by StukaJU87 View Post
              My opinion is sell it and buy something else. It is a beautiful guitar as is, although I think the chlorine blue finish is not very "metal" no matter what color hardware it may have on it.

If it is a "metal" look you are after, maybe a solid black soloist would suit you better. Again, just my opinion.
              +1 My opinion too.
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone for the input, highly appreciated!
                Check my bands!
                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

I dont suppose you're ever in the UK are you Nextinline?
                  All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

NextInLine, if you decide to sell the gold hardware, PM me!

Comment

Not like you won't be able to switch it back.

Maybe you can use the Custom Shop Gen to see what it would look like?

Vass

Comment

Everything I wanted to say has been said, but I'll say it again:
                        1. The gold looks great on it. Chrome would look cheap, and black out of place.
                        2. It doesn't look metal anyway.
                        3. I think you're better of selling it and buying something you like more.
                        4. Awesome guitar and I bet it plays and sounds great.
                        "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
                          I dont suppose you're ever in the UK are you Nextinline?
                          No I haven't been out of Turkey yet But my band's other guitar player (also a JCFer, levantin) is a half Brit

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                          Not like you won't be able to switch it back.

Maybe you can use the Custom Shop Gen to see what it would look like?

Vass
                          Yeah I guess I should find some extra cash and put on the chrome hardware before I sell the gold. And see if it works better or not..

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                          NextInLine, if you decide to sell the gold hardware, PM me!
                          Put you on #1 in the list, but I think I shouldn't sell it before I'm sure about what I'm going to do with this

Thanks a lot again dudes!
                          Check my bands!
                          www.myspace.com/magicktr
                          www.myspace.com/sinif64

Comment

just sell it and buy another soloist. the chrome hardware is going to look fine but you'll see, it is not going to look more "metal". i am really into changing hardware and kind of stuff and my experiences showed me that some guitars can look better and some of them cant.(so much "and" ). this guitars color is the first thing you have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by AfterForever View Post
                              2. It doesn't look metal anyway.
                              thats what i was trying to say.

Comment

Working...
                              X