DK1 spotted in the UK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DK1 spotted in the UK!

The retailer wouldn't let me play it through a new Line6 X3 Live I wanted to try out... "because it's a CUSTOM?!". Looks like a DK-1 (as the price tag suggests), but the fretboard looks like rosewood to me. Still has a Made in USA stamp on the headstock. The neckplate area is slanted like that of an X-Series. Is it a DK1? The main Jackson site says the board is ebony.

How much should I really pay for a brand new DK-1 in Snakeskin finish, assuming this is one?
    Last edited by wilkinsi; 10-03-2007, 02:16 PM.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

did you see it? i mean in the store. becaues sometimes ebonies can fool you. some of the pictures make them look like rosewood. it looks new and it has usa mark on the headstock. and it also have the snakeskin. i think it is a dk1.

Comment

Looks like a DK1 to me.
      The hang tag should say it all. Just make sure the serial on the tag matches the neck plate.

I've seen some Ebony boards that looked like Rosewood.
      Not uncommon at all.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post

The retailer wouldn't let me play it through a new Line6 X3 Live I wanted to try out... "because it's a CUSTOM?!".
        That annoys the crap out of me. When somebody does that to me I usually take my business elsewhere. I'm not the type that goes around playing every axe on the wall of a store. I try guitars to buy. Anyhow, their loss.
        I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

I once played one of those nasty BCR NJ Speedloaders and the ebony board was slippery with no grain visable. I could see the dark brown with wood grain on this DK1. Still unhappy about the "custom" and "try with intend to buy = can't touch unless you've already handed over the cash crap. I would happily pay part balance every month til I could finally take it home. I'll see what my contact has to say and get it sent to Notts.
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Tell the assholes it isn't a "Custom".
            Regular production guitar with factory finish.
            Model# 280-3010-875(SNK)
            -Rick

Comment

:ROTF:

Buy before you try!

Comment

Tell him since he won't let you try it out this mere $1800 item, you'll test drive this $35K vehicle at a car dealer instead, and maybe get that.

But you were more interested in buying an amp? You dont need a DK1 for that.
                Just a guitar player...

Comment

When somebody does that to me I usually take my business elsewhere. I'm not the type that goes around playing every axe on the wall of a store. I try guitars to buy. Anyhow, their loss.
                  +1 Exactly what i was going to reply.
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Looks like ebony from the pic? It might be brownish, but its more the grain that will tell what it is.

Comment

It had been said; Ebony comes in many 'colors'. Every piece of wood is diffirent.
                      Dinkys in Holland should be priced for 2200 (incl. tax) euros I guess. I don't know what that is in pounds, and I don't know how England's import lawsystem works, but I don't think you should pay more than 1700 pounds?
                      www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                      www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                      www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

I would never pay 1700 quid for a Dinky in the UK.... That's like 3400$. you could go for a dealer in US and get them to ship it to you....
                        Last edited by thunderhead; 10-04-2007, 12:03 PM.
                        If your mum stabbed ya you wouldnt get upset... You would say ' Ohhh shit mum stabbed me! I better go to a hospital'. - Chopper

Comment

Originally posted by thunderhead View Post
                          I would never pay 1700 quid for a Dinky in the UK.... That's like 3400$. you could go for a dealer in US and get them to ship it to you....
                          Is it seriously that much!? Damn.. pounds seem more expensive then I thought
                          www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
                          www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
                          www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

I saw the dark brown fretboard in the flesh. The grain is nowhere near as pronounced as on a real rosewood board, but then the imports I own have been through enough play to make the grain show up more than if they were brand new. Like you say though, it's their loss. 2 grand is actually the norm in the UK. We always pay double+ what people pay in the USA. Probably the same for everything (fags, booze, food, petrol, blah blah).
                            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Yeah the uk gets dicked in that stuff. Though the sl2ht blkgf I seen yesterday for au$5000+ is silly too

Comment

Working...
                              X