Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guitar ID??? USA Soloist (used) at local shop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar ID??? USA Soloist (used) at local shop.

Hello. I just got back from GC and they have an amazing Soloist that I fell in love with. I have it on lay-away and I'm trying to get some info on it. It is a USA Jackson. It basically looks like a Charvel model 6, but it has a 5 way switch instead of the mini on/off switches. It has Jackson pickups (with EMG style covers). It felt like a 25.5 scale neck. I'd say it's condition is about 8.5 out of 10. How much money is reasonable for this guitar? Any idea what model?

This is a basic idea of what it looks like:

They are asking $599 (includes case) which seems too good to be true...thought i should check with you guys.
    Last edited by Deadlock; 09-30-2007, 03:07 PM.

Sounds like a reasoneble price to me, but it's a 8,5 outa 10.. What kinda damage are we talking about here? Make sure the floyd and the locking nuts are allright. You're screwed if they are in bad shape. For the body; every guitar has it's schatches
    www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
    www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
    www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Everything works perfectly...and it plays much better than my old KV1. The only issues are cosmetic. It has some scratches and one small dent on the front. The cream colored finish is darker in some spots (looks like yellowing from age). The bridge has some rust, but seems to work just fine.

I'm picky...most people would probably say a 9.5 out of 10, but I'm kind of an asshole. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Deadlock View Post
        I'm picky...most people would probably say a 9.5 out of 10, but I'm kind of an asshole. ;-)
        No man I think you'r right about that! Wel, if it's sosmetic, just do it! The price is fine, and rust isn't that serious most of the time.

The most important thing is the playability, and acording to you that seems to be allright
        www.bodyfarmdeathmetal.com
        www.facebook.com/bodyfarmdeathmetal
        www.metalblade.com/bodyfarm

Comment

Hi Deadlock,
          Did you look under the trem cover on the guitar there should be the build info on the guitar.
          What is the SN? This will tell you when it was made.
          Is the trem a OFR or a licensed model.
          Good deal if licensed great if OFR.
          Some or all of these questions will answer if the guitar a good deal or a great deal.
          Last edited by Jackson/Charvelfan; 09-30-2007, 04:00 PM.

Comment

I think I'll probably end up buying it. I'll see if I can get the price down a tiny bit. They want $599...maybe I can talk them down to $520. I wonder what kind of wood this soloist is made of...it's on the heavy side. How heavy is poplar?I'll probably end up parting out my Ibanez RG550 on ebay to make back some of the cash I spend on this Jackson.

Hopefully GuitarCenter doesn't screw me over by selling the guitar when it's supposed to be reserved for me. But it wouldn't be the first time, grrrrr.
            Last edited by Deadlock; 09-30-2007, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't that be an old SL1?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Not with Jackson pickups & an active system. Sounds like a late 80s to early 90s Soloist. For $599, don't worry about an exact ID & just buy the dang thing. People are paying that much for a Model 6 these days, and a fair bit more for an early Soloist Pro. If you can talk them down, great, but I wouldn't screw around too much, because it's a damn good deal already.

Comment

i think you're right, JD. i guess it doesn't really matter what model it is anyway...it plays really well, sounds awesome and looks bitchin'. It will be mine...oh yes, it will be mine.
                  Last edited by Deadlock; 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Stupid question time...but isnt this a Japan model? "Not saying "Made in
                    USA" ?? on the headstock? Or were there allot of early neck thru soloists
                    without this marking?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                      Stupid question time...but isnt this a Japan model? "Not saying "Made in
                      USA" ?? on the headstock? Or were there allot of early neck thru soloists
                      without this marking?

Oh, it says Made in USA on the headstock. :-)

Comment

Robert, that pic was just to show "a basic idea of what it looks like". Not the actual guitar.

Comment

Hey Deadlock,

Go ahead and buy it!
                          I don't think it will be there at that price long as these usualy go for a few hundred more.

Comment

IMO the guitar if 80's or 90's is worth a grand at least thats a steal at that price.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, that's a great deal, I agree with dg, go get it already, and hie back here with pics and of course the ser #
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X