X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A PC3 with a Sustainer?? I'm confused??

Originally posted by jamesrt View Post
    Thanks so much!

I did go back after work and check it out. It's a genuine PC3 with the strat head. It was in outstanding, but not mint condition, in other words what one would expect from occasional demo'ing it GC. The sustainer and pickups and switches seems to work fine.

I have one more question: two actually (!).

Does the PC3 come with any special paperwork from the factory such as a certificate? Also it wasn't clear they had the trem bar since they sold the case. How easy is it to get a replacement and what can I expect to pay.

Thanks so much
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

You mean PC1... not PC3.
      Short of the warranty card and hang tag, they don't come with much in the way of paperwork.
      For $1,450, they better shit you a trem bar.
      -Rick

Comment

You can buy a bar for under $20.00. If it's really a PC1 strathead, the price is very good.
        Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

You're talking about the Edina GC, aren't you? There was a natural PC1 up there several months ago, and someone mentioned to me that "it's back." I haven't been in to look at it, but I don't see how it could be new. Maybe LIKE NEW but not BRAND NEW.

The frequent GC excuse that they sold the case with a different guitar is a load of crap. New USA Jacksons are priced including the case, so if it's new then they should be giving you a case. If not, they should drop the price, not try to charge you an extra $50.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone.

Just to clarify, the PC1 was tagged on clearance at $1579 but the salesguy offered it to me for $1500 with the case but they would have to get a new case from Jackson. As an alternative they offered $1450 without the case.

Comment

Just for a reference point...here is mine. Should have a tiger striped
              fretboard, and Gold hardware if its a PC-1 I paid $1940.00 for mine new.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesrt View Post
                Thanks for the responses everyone.

Just to clarify, the PC1 was tagged on clearance at $1579 but the salesguy offered it to me for $1500 with the case but they would have to get a new case from Jackson. As an alternative they offered $1450 without the case.
                Just to give you a heads up. Jackson cases have been on backorder for 10 months from the manufacturer. FMIC doesn't even have any. Hopefully, they will be coming in soon, as I have one on backorder since January.

So, if they don't have one in the store, be prepared to wait.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                  You're talking about the Edina GC, aren't you? There was a natural PC1 up there several months ago, and someone mentioned to me that "it's back." I haven't been in to look at it, but I don't see how it could be new. Maybe LIKE NEW but not BRAND NEW.

The frequent GC excuse that they sold the case with a different guitar is a load of crap. New USA Jacksons are priced including the case, so if it's new then they should be giving you a case. If not, they should drop the price, not try to charge you an extra $50.
                  The one at Edina has an old style headstock, and is actually an old-old style PC-1 with the Koa body wood. I saw it today.

The Floyd was angled way back into the body; felt like it had 009s on it, so it had not been reset to adjust for the new string guage, as PC-1s ship with .010s on them.

I am sure they would knock a few hundred off of the asking price.

BTW, the fretboard was deeply figured; really gorgeous.

- E.
                  Last edited by AlexL; 09-29-2007, 11:09 PM.
                  Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                    The one at Edina has an old style headstock, and is actually an old-old style PC-1 with the Koa body wood. I saw it today.

The Floyd was angled way back into the body; felt like it had 009s on it, so it had not been reset to adjust for the new string guage, as PC-1s ship with .010s on them.

I am sure they would knock a few hundred off of the asking price.

BTW, the fretboard was deeply figured; really gorgeous.

- E.
                    You sure that one has a Koa body?
                    If you're sure, care to find out what the serial number is for me?
                    I'm looking for a 1996 PC1.
                    Koa was only used on the 96 and the 97.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      You sure that one has a Koa body?
                      If you're sure, care to find out what the serial number is for me?
                      I'm looking for a 1996 PC1.
                      Koa was only used on the 96 and the 97.
                      Well, I'm not certain, I was basing my assumption on the fact that the back of the body was natural, not stained dark like my old PC-1 was.

But given the fact that the body was natural, maybe I am incorrect since they may have left the backs natural.

I can get the serial number for you easily enough; I can swing by on Monday and get it.

- E.

Comment

All the early PC1's had uncolored backs.
                        The Au-Natural had a satin finish on the back, the other finishes were clear coated on the back, but not stained or tinted.
                        The clear coat can make the back appear to be darker.

Here's an easy way top tell if it's an early one... Does it have a tone knob?
                        The early ones were Volume and Intensity control only.
                        The tone knob was added in 2001.
                        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                          All the early PC1's had uncolored backs.
                          The Au-Natural had a satin finish on the back, the other finishes were clear coated on the back, but not stained or tinted.
                          The clear coat can make the back appear to be darker.

Here's an easy way top tell if it's an early one... Does it have a tone knob?
                          The early ones were Volume and Intensity control only.
                          The tone knob was added in 2001.
                          Yes, it had a tone knob.

- E.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
                            Yes, it had a tone knob.

- E.
                            That means it's definitely not Koa.
                            Koa was replaced by Mahogany in 1998.
                            1997 was a mix of both.
                            -Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X