New guitar, USA SL2HT....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guitar, USA SL2HT....

Had this on layaway for about a month, it's a used 2005 Jackson USA SL2HT Soloist. It has only minimal fret wear, and it's in absolute perfect condition. The only blemish on the guitar at all is a scratch on the tip of the headstock, barely noticeable. You can really only see it if you were looking for it, like I was

The heel and cutaway are my favorite parts. I can play on the 24th fret without even touching the lower horn. It's sexy

Not only does it play like a dream, but this guitar was a major steal, especially for what I got. You probably didn't even read most of this in an effort to get to the pictures.....

ah, fine.

I tried one just like that in daddys at Boston, it was nice, but I personally can't play with out a floyd, (except on acoustic of course)

Comment

Originally posted by tanpsi View Post
      I tried one just like that in daddys at Boston, it was nice, but I personally can't play with out a floyd, (except on acoustic of course)
      Haha, dude... that IS this guitar. That's where I got it. :ROTF:

Comment

Congrats! I love Gun Metal Gray.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Congrats! I love Gun Metal Gray.
          Now I do too

I never knew that it was a flake paint job, it really sparkles. Seems pretty dull in pictures, but that's far from the truth.

Comment

Yeah, it's hard to see the metallic well in most pictures when the flakes are small like that. I've got a teal green metallic Fender Strat that's the same way.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice one congrats! Is this your first Jackson? If it is it won't be your last. I'll bet on it!
              Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                Nice one congrats! Is this your first Jackson? If it is it won't be your last. I'll bet on it!
                Well no, I used to have a DK2m. After I got over the aesthetics of that guitar, I started to despise it. I played this thing, saw the price, and it was over. I sold that thing within a few weeks and bought this one.

For all practical purposes though, this is my first Jackson, as there is just no comparison

Comment

Dude.... I love hy SL2HT. Right out of the box, a damn good player.
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                    Dude.... I love hy SL2HT. Right out of the box, a damn good player.
                    Indeed. When I played it, I wasn't even shopping for a guitar. It played so well I just dropped everything and sold my other Jackson, along with a bunch of other stuff and it was definitely all worth it

Comment

SL2HT's are awesome. Mine has an oiled neck, very sweet. LOVE the gmg colour, looks very ominous!
                      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

the sl2 are always beautiful.I've never seen this guitar with the gun metal gray finisches,it's cool,very cool

Comment

Nice man!
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

One thing that I hope some of you guys can help me out on -- the fretboard looks a little dry. What can I apply to it to make it look new again? Lemon oil, perhaps?

Comment

Lemon oil is fine.

-Nate
                              Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Working...
                              X