Original pickups??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original pickups??

Hello and thanks for a great forum. I'm learning a lot of stuff here. I have a 1984 Rhoads V and would like to know how it came equipped form the factory. When I bought it used in '88 I swapped both pickups out for EMG's but I dont recall what pickups were in it when I took them out . I think at least one was a duncan but there's a bit of a haze in the old memory from those days. How do you guys find out that kind of stuff? I have an old trans am and I found this stuff out by looking at the build sheet. IS there a buid sheet for this thing and how can I find it or just the information? Serial # is RR0882. Student model.Thanks in advance.

Luckily for you, there's a log of some old Jackson guitars posted online, check it out here:
    http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/J00...J0878-0902.jpg
    (that's a great resource site by our member jackson1 )

Welcome to the forum btw! And post some pics!

EDIT: Shit, RR models are not covered, sorry for my mistake. Admin can delete this post.
    Last edited by Nazgul; 09-10-2007, 08:22 AM.

Comment

In '84 USA Customs could have had virtually anything the customer specified. I would bet Duncans but who knows?
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
        In '84 USA Customs could have had virtually anything the customer specified. I would bet Duncans but who knows?
        Yeah, thats why I'm wondering if there's a build sheet for this guitar ......what do "collectors" use for a resource, is there a place you can call or a person/former employee who has access to this kind of info? I tried calling Fender and found out that was a waste of 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back...

Comment

Come on guys...is this a dead thread??? Can anyone help? Anyone ?

Comment

Fender knows nothing when it comes to J/C history this is the best place to ask the questions.What trem does it have if its a Kahler pull the trem off and look in the cavity and see what is written in there or look in the truss rod cavity and find the work order number.Some of the early ones are listed at the web site listed by Nazgul info is very limited so good luck.BTW post some pics while you have it apart and post them here.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Back in the day (1987) I called about my brand new Jackson, basic questions and they were cool and told me all about it.
              Found out it was made of Poplar.
              Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Working...
              X