SL2HT/SL1T... Both going for $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL2HT/SL1T... Both going for $1000

At my local guitar store, there are two USA Soloists. One is a used SL1T, the other is a new SL2HT. They are both selling for $999 (puzzling, may be a misprint or something, but if I buy the new one I'm holding them to it). I want to figure out what year both of these guitars were made... but the Jackson site only has serial numbers to year 2001. Anybody help?

a serial number? color? hareware? nothing, damn, that is close to impossible.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
      a serial number? color? hareware? nothing, damn, that is close to impossible.
      Well I didn't think someone would just identify it... but here's the stuff..

SL1T:
      Color: Trans Black (flamed maple)
      Hardware: Chrome
      Serial number: U15627

SL2HT:
      Color: Gunmetal Grey
      Hardware: Black
      Serial number: U16428

Comment

That's a real steal for $999. My serial number is U18... and its made in 2004. So, I'm guessing those are made anywhere between 2000-2003. But I am no serial no.s expert.

They usually sell for over $1200 on eBay. Trans-black is hard-to-find color in Jackson (expect in DKMGT's). if you have the dough, get them both and sell on eBay for a quick profit.
        Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
          That's a real steal for $999. My serial number is U18... and its made in 2004. So, I'm guessing those are made anywhere between 2000-2003. But I am no serial no.s expert.

They usually sell for over $1200 on eBay. Trans-black is hard-to-find color in Jackson (expect in DKMGT's). if you have the dough, get them both and sell on eBay for a quick profit.
          Well, I don't. And actually, that trans black one has been in that guitar store for that price for about 6 months, if not longer. It has a few issues, mainly the volume pot moves... it seems it would need to be replaced. But the other one seems new by all means and yet they seem to think that it's worth $1000... gonna have to get the cash for that quick.

Comment

So I assume that the "U1" serial numbers were adopted post Fender...

Would you all recommend these awesome playing guitars as far as tone/durability/quality/playability? Because I feel like I may be looking over the other three since they both play so well [:

Comment

Working...
            X