Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ebony boards on late 80's non-custom Jacksons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebony boards on late 80's non-custom Jacksons?

I just picked up a black '87-'89 Jackson Ontario bolt-on- HSS config with three switches. It's like a Model 4 but has dot inlays instead of sharkies. I haven't received the guitar yet, but the pics I received seem to show an ebony board. Question for the Jackson USA experts out there - did the Ontario shop make any late-80's non-custom Jackson Strats/Dinkys with an ebony fretboard? I totally dig ebony boards and it would be cool if there's a chance I'm seeing things correctly . Here's some pics:

There is no such thing as a late '80s non-custom Jackson. Every single Jackson before 1990 was a custom-ordered instrument. The only production guitars were the Japanese Charvels.

And yeah, there were a fair number of Dinkies made with ebony boards, though they often have shark inlays.

Comment

No doubt that IS ebony....cool neck...especially withOUT the JT6 nut!

The only question is how good are the frets??
      Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by pro-fusion View Post
        There is no such thing as a late '80s non-custom Jackson. Every single Jackson before 1990 was a custom-ordered instrument. The only production guitars were the Japanese Charvels.

And yeah, there were a fair number of Dinkies made with ebony boards, though they often have shark inlays.
        Thx dude - I've been reading so much about custom graphics on late 80's Jacksons that I totally spaced it. I've seen many with rosewood or maple boards - it's good to have a confirmation that ebony could be had back then...

Comment

My '86 Jackson Strat w/Ebony Board

Comment

Hopefully you will love that guitar as much as I love my Ontario Jackson w/ a ebony board.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
              No doubt that IS ebony....cool neck...especially withOUT the JT6 nut!

The only question is how good are the frets??
              Thanks for the confirmation - and yup, I'm hoping the frets are usable. The guitar is in pieces right now - it would be good if this was just due to someone wanting to take a guitar apart for fun and not some real issue. It shows up in a few days - it's my first USA Jackson and I can't wait

Comment

AWESOME looks good to me
                Slash i think thats was my old guitar. 1200 & something serial#. heavy maple body? i sold it to a JCFer & i know he resold it a yr or 2 ago.

Comment

Yep.... Probably the same guitar. I bought it off another JCF member about 3 years ago.

Comment

I just bought this axe from Dpivar.
                    Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!
                    Can anyhone tell me what the body wood is likely to be?
                    I'm assuming Poplar?
                    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                    --floydkramer

Comment

Working...
                    X