RR1 vs. ESP Alexi Laiho RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR1 vs. ESP Alexi Laiho RV

What are the differences between the RR1 and the Laiho imported from japan, not the gay american one.
    1986 Model 5 with Kahler
    RH100 Randall head
    4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

RR1 has 22 frets, Laiho has 24, RR1 has dual Duncans and a pickguard with 2 volumes and 1 tone, Laiho has an EMG HZ H-4 that's rearloaded with 1 volume. The RR1 would have sharkfins and the Laiho would have scythes or saw-tooth inlays. Both have Floyds. I'm assuming by import, you mean the original 3 like the ones he plays. You should probably check out the new import 24 fret Jackson RR's if a 24 fret, one hum Rhoads is what you're looking for.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

i want a high quality rhaods style v, a usa jackson would be nive but ive heard that the imported japanese alexi rvs are better
      1986 Model 5 with Kahler
      RH100 Randall head
      4x12 cabinet with Eminence Blue Tick Hound speakers

Comment

Yeah, either one, I'm sure would be an awesome guitar. I've never actually tried one of those Alexi RR's, but I've never seen any anywhere either as I'm sure they're hard to come by and it's a pretty big gamble ordering a two to three thousand dollar guitar without being able to try one.
        If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

One is a Jackson..one isn't.

Ok, sorry for the smart ass remark. That's how it stacks up for me. See the NAMM thread regarding the 24 fret rear loaded RR..that's what you are looking for I think.

Comment

I have played a top of the line Alexi signature model and it is a very nice guitar. Although the ESP is more expensive, I didn't think there was any substantial difference in quality. I prefer the RR1.

Comment

I know someone with a Custom 24 fret Rhoads and a Custom ESP Laiho, I haven't personally played them both, but he says the overall quality of the ESP is nicer than his Custom Rhoads...

Oh, and the Custom Japanese ESP was about $1000 more than the Custom USA Jackson.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I have a Alexi Laiho Scythe...and honestly I think the ESP is better than any of my USA Jacksons. Jackson's quality control has been a bit lacking lately from what I've seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshC View Post
                  What are the differences between the RR1 and the Laiho imported from japan, not the gay american one.

Is there a USA ESP Alexi model? I thought the ESP USA custom shop was closed down?
                  I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                    Is there a USA ESP Alexi model? I thought the ESP USA custom shop was closed down?

The USA Alexi is made in Japan. What he means is that there's an Alexi model made specifically for US market, with the longer short wing so that ESP won't incur the wrath of Jackson's lawyers.

Comment

i want the RR24 personally. but i want to try an Edwards Alexi model. i wont even give the american versions a second look (i think the extra wood on the lower wing is puke-a-riffic myself).

i was actually going to import an Edwards Laiho model, but after Jackson bringing out the RR24 that about sealed the deal for me LOL
                      My metal band Lucian Scott
                      Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by JoshC View Post
                        i want a high quality rhaods style v, a usa jackson would be nive but ive heard that the imported japanese alexi rvs are better
                        Having played both numerous times: You´ve been fed BS here, they are comparable in every way, especially construction methods and quality. One is a lame ripoff of the other IMO, but that´s a different thread....

Comment

Signature ESPs are way overpriced imo.

Comment

The prices are lowered in 2007 , 2k for a Laiho signature.

Comment

i can't justify spending 2 grand on a guitar unless the luthier was a blind, handless nun
                              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                              X